1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Aug '16 17:40
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    The war on morons. It's a losing fight.
    They come in swarms devouring all signs of intelligence in their path. Soon the world will be thrown back into a primitive state where humans will be at the mercy of superstition and paranoid delusions of invisible gods speaking through high priests as they sacrifice their children on an alter of fire. Men will be reduced to being head hunters and cannibalism.
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    24 Aug '16 18:03
    Smallpox.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37149900
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Aug '16 18:12
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Smallpox.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37149900
    Good one.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    24 Aug '16 18:48
    Originally posted by josephw
    Oh, I see. You mean the war on politics. πŸ˜‰
    Yes, the politician's manipulation to justify massive spending and mobilization of resources. If they were honest, they might say that "we have initiated a large scale program that is well-funded and well-administered in order to address this issue."

That doesn't have the same tonal quality as A War on the Color Magenta or A War on Little Pesky Bugs.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Aug '16 18:57
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    The war on morons. It's a losing fight.
    turncoat!
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Aug '16 18:59
    Originally posted by coquette
    Yes, the politician's manipulation to justify massive spending and mobilization of resources. If they were honest, they might say that "we have initiated a large scale program that is well-funded and well-administered in order to address this issue."

That doesn't have the same tonal quality as A War on the Color Magenta or A War on Little Pesky Bugs.
    You're right. The former sure sounds...well a lot less "manly".
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    24 Aug '16 22:04
    Originally posted by coquette

I believe it's even more insidious than that. The masses are brainwashed into stupefaction. They've laid the foundation for gridlock, and they hold the key to the schematics. Those that can see through the mirage know that a revolution is futile. They're going to pull the plug. Just a matter of time.

What the hell am I talking about? πŸ™„
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '16 23:47
    What do you mean "the war on doubt"? .
    The stuff I said in my post where I explained what I meant by a War On Doubt. That's what I mean by a War On Doubt.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    25 Aug '16 10:351 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The stuff I said in my post where I explained what I meant by a War On Doubt. That's what I mean by a War On Doubt.
    Well ok. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. πŸ˜‰

But if one can figure out what the truth is, then one wouldn't have need of doubt.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 13:36
    The war against cyclists must stop!

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016/aug/24/sydney-australia-war-cyclists-fines
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 13:46
    Well ok. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. πŸ˜‰

But if one can figure out what the truth is, then one wouldn't have need of doubt.
    You sound like a warrior in the multi-front War On Doubt. Religionists, ideologues, spin doctors, cultists, advertising companies, politicians, propagandists... they're all doing their bit to replace healthy doubt with the various Certainties they peddle.
  12. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    26 Aug '16 13:57
    one wouldn't have need of doubt.
    those without doubt,
    are most certainly a lout...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree