Well, there goes the neighborhood...
    Yeah, we know. :{
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 19:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'd soon draw your attention to it if you didn't.
    Yeah, we know. :{
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 19:58
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Look at the punster.
    Regular Jack Benny, this one.
    Tell us a joke, funny man.
    Who's Jack Benny?
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 20:15
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Who's Jack Benny?
    That's a good one, funny man.
    Tell us another.
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 21:34
    Just a few more posters and everybody will have been sucked right into this thread proving its existence as the thread that sucks.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 22:03
    Originally posted by josephw
    Just a few more posters and everybody will have been sucked right into this thread proving its existence as the thread that sucks.
    I TRIED to warn you all....
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 22:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I TRIED to warn you all....
    It's like a black hole. I can't escape its irresistible pull.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jun '16 22:30
    It's like a black hole. I can't escape its irresistible pull.
    Don't worry, Stephan Hawking says you can at least leave us a note while you are stuck inside the event horizon.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 11:11
    Don't worry, Stephan Hawking says you can at least leave us a note while you are stuck inside the event horizon.
    You know, that's a great analogy for this life! We are stuck inside the "event horizon" while in this world. Soon we will all be sucked into the black hole of eternity. Some to everlasting life, but others not.

There's a choice to be made while within the event horizon. Choosing is the only thing we can do. Everything else is out of our control.

That's my note! 😉
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 11:56
    You know, that's a great analogy for this life! We are stuck inside the "event horizon" while in this world. Soon we will all be sucked into the black hole of eternity. Some to everlasting life, but others not.

There's a choice to be made while within the event horizon. Choosing is the only thing we can do. Everything else is out of our control.

That's my note! 😉
    Good luck with that 'some going to everlasting life'.

Tell me, exactly WHY would a deity WANT to have the same stupid humans around century after century after century?
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 12:22
    Good luck with that 'some going to everlasting life'.

Tell me, exactly WHY would a deity WANT to have the same stupid humans around century after century after century?
    Seriously?

Now just what sort of an answer do you think you'd accept as valid?

Well, I'll make it simple for you. After this, in eternity, there won't be any "stupid humans around". So, don't you think, you must have asked one of those questions only a "stupid human" would ask?

You really don't know a thing about it do you? I mean, your bias is so deep you can't see the reason and logic of how the simple truth trumps the blind! Not to be taken as an insult.

You really can't imagine absolute perfection can you?

John 1:5
    And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

It's not a dream sonhouse.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 12:30
    Seriously?

Now just what sort of an answer do you think you'd accept as valid?

Well, I'll make it simple for you. After this, in eternity, there won't be any "stupid humans around". So, don't you think, you must have asked one of those questions only a "stupid human" would ask?

You really don't know a thing about it do you? I mean, your bias is so ...[text shortened]... e light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

It's not a dream sonhouse.
    So why would a god want ANY human around century after century? I used stupid in the context of a god who would be so far above us intellectually that we could be compared to bacteria compared to this deity.

What use would it be for a deity to have literally trillions of people hanging around for millions of years? I assume they would have to eat, go to the bathroom and such and might still enjoy sex, maybe have children in that eternal environment.

But for what reason?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 12:43
    So why would a god want ANY human around century after century? I used stupid in the context of a god who would be so far above us intellectually that we could be compared to bacteria compared to this deity.

What use would it be for a deity to have literally trillions of people hanging around for millions of years? I assume they would have to eat, go to ...[text shortened]... might still enjoy sex, maybe have children in that eternal environment.

But for what reason?
    Do you want your children around you? Or do you just consider them nothing more than bacteria to be wiped away?

How far would you go to save one of your own? What price would you be willing to pay?
  14. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 14:51
    Do you want your children around you? Or do you just consider them nothing more than bacteria to be wiped away?

How far would you go to save one of your own? What price would you be willing to pay?
    An easy question for me...my life...Wait, maybe their mother's life.😲
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jun '16 15:23

I hate to be the first to say it but we die. And we don't come back. EVER. There is no heaven, as much as humans require there to be one. There is no way to prove there is one either. Nobody has come back after dying. And nobody will unless science does it.

How far would I go to 'save' one of my own? SAVE? from what? Early death? Just because you and a few billion other folks believe they are going to a better (undefined, I might add) place, doesn't mean it is going to happen.

All those billions are living a delusion and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it except point out they are deluded.

You know nothing about this alleged life after death, are you actually on a planet somewhere? TRILLIONS of people on a single planet? Do we still have science? Music, sports, fighting?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree