1. Joined
    21 Oct '15
    Moves
    31 Jan '16 21:46
    Looking at creating a sound system through the house. Quite excited at a new discovery so I thought I'd share it with you all 🙂.

So I was looking at the Sonos systems for through the house sounds (very reasonable and seems very good). However, I then thought why not try and create my own. During my road of starting to program and researching - came across Chromecast Audio.

A lot cheaper and seems to be a very powerful tool. OK - not quite there yet, but I believe the Google team are working on creating a multiroom system and will update the software in the future.

If anyone has this set up already let me know what you think. I'm looking at buying one or two to begin with and let you know how it goes 🙂.

PS I'll be moving house so the update may take a while
  2. Mar-a-Lago
    Moves
    31 Jan '16 23:502 edits
    Originally posted by BoardReader
    Looking at creating a sound system through the house. Quite excited at a new discovery so I thought I'd share it with you all 🙂.

So I was looking at the Sonos systems for through the house sounds (very reasonable and seems very good). However, I then thought why not try and create my own. During my road of starting to program and researching - came a ...[text shortened]... with and let you know how it goes 🙂.

PS I'll be moving house so the update may take a while
    I have a cassette player in the kitchen and a gramophone in the dining room so think we are on the same page.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree