... only 5 days to go.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 14:59
    Originally posted by Kegge
    ... only 5 days to go.
    Until your embarrassing countdown comes to end...
  3. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 15:03
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Until your embarrassing countdown comes to end...
    What is embarrassing about it? Is it also embarrassing to count down to the New Year for instance, or the days till weekend arrives? You are silly.
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 15:23
    What is embarrassing about it? Is it also embarrassing to count down to the New Year for instance, or the days till weekend arrives? You are silly.
    You are trapped in a countdown of profound pointlessness which i'm pretty sure you became embarrassed about when you got to around 7, (You just lack an exit strategy).

I don't think you can compare your countdown to the arrival of the New Year, or say the launch of a rocket into outer space. Now that really is silly.
  5. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 20:27
    You are trapped in a countdown of profound pointlessness which i'm pretty sure you became embarrassed about when you got to around 7, (You just lack an exit strategy).

I don't think you can compare your countdown to the arrival of the New Year, or say the launch of a rocket into outer space. Now that really is silly.
    What is the point of this countdown? Are you assuming to know what the point is?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 20:39
    What is the point of this countdown? Are you assuming to know what the point is?
    Ah, is this the point where you pretend your countdown isn't until the day GB's subscription comes to an end?

Cunning...
  7. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 22:00
    Ah, is this the point where you pretend your countdown isn't until the day GB's subscription comes to an end?

Cunning...
    Where did I say this was about gb?
  8. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 22:06
    Where did I say this was about gb?
    Everything you say is about GB.

Yawn.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 22:27

Yawn.
    Maybe Kegge is one of GB's other accounts.
  10. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 22:36

Yawn.
    Nonsense, as usual.
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 22:54
    TRADITIONALLY it is bad luck to keep the Christmas decorations up beyond Twelfth Night.

But there is confusion over whether that is Tuesday, the fifth of January, or Wednesday January 6 2016.

Twelfth Night is defined by the Shorter Oxford English Dictionary as "the evening of the fifth of January, preceding Twelfth Day, the eve of the Epiphany, formerly the last day of the Christmas festivities and observed as a time of merrymaking".

You can see why it's confusing because some count the night of Epiphany itself (Wednesday sixth of January) to be Twelfth Night.

One source of this confusion is said to be the Medieval custom of starting each new day at sunset so that Twelfth Night precedes Twelfth Day.

In some cases December 25 is the first day of Christmas, so therefore January 5 is the 12th day.

But if you count the Christmas season as the 12 days after Christmas Day, that makes Wednesday, January 6, the Twelfth Day, as 6 January is the Epiphany

from www.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk.