General Forum

General Forum

  1. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    19 Feb '16 00:37
    What should you pack? You have a smallish bag so be picky and
    smart in what you pack, then explain why for each selection.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    19 Feb '16 01:303 edits
    Originally posted by Seitse
    What should you pack? You have a smallish bag so be picky and
    smart in what you pack, then explain why for each selection.
    Lists of maximum allowable items for one US state's prison system are linked from

    http://www.doc.wa.gov/family/offenderlife/personalproperty.asp

    The following has a list of suggested items for prison in the UK:

    http://prisonuk.blogspot.com/2014/10/off-to-prison-my-packing-list.html

    The limit of 12 is unrealistic, but sticking to it I'd pack pretty much what I pack when on a short casual vacation. Assuming outer clothes are provided including pajamas, I'd take toiletries for personal grooming (hair brush, toothbrush, paste), a plug-in amfm radio with ear buds (as one item?), reading glasses, shower sandals, shoes, boxers and U shirt, socks. Is the bag an item? If not I'd take a deck of cards.

    The whys should be obvious.
  3. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    19 Feb '16 01:44
    Originally posted by JS357
    The whys should be obvious.
    Why would you have been sent to prison for 12 months?
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    19 Feb '16 01:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    Why would you have been sent to prison for 12 months?
    For assault on a prolific RHP poster.
  5. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    19 Feb '16 02:01
    Originally posted by JS357
    For assault on a prolific RHP poster.
    They only gave you 12 months? 😲

    I would bring a portable hard disk jam packed with audio books.
  6. Account suspended
    Joined
    10 Dec '11
    Moves
    143494
    19 Feb '16 02:39
    Virgin's belt
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    19 Feb '16 03:05
    Originally posted by Seitse
    What should you pack? You have a smallish bag so be picky and
    smart in what you pack, then explain why for each selection.
    A shank.
    I'm a pretty boy - do I need to say more?
  8. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29872
    19 Feb '16 03:07
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    A shank.
    I'm a pretty boy - do I need to say more?
    Is that where the expression "Three wakes is a shank" came from? 😛
  9. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    19 Feb '16 07:27
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    A shank.
    I'm a pretty boy - do I need to say more?
    Isn't it referred t as 'shiv'?
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    19 Feb '16 07:28
    Originally posted by JS357
    Lists of maximum allowable items for one US state's prison system are linked from

    http://www.doc.wa.gov/family/offenderlife/personalproperty.asp

    The following has a list of suggested items for prison in the UK:

    http://prisonuk.blogspot.com/2014/10/off-to-prison-my-packing-list.html

    The limit of 12 is unrealistic, but sticking to it I'd pack pretty ...[text shortened]... hirt, socks. Is the bag an item? If not I'd take a deck of cards.

    The whys should be obvious.
    Wow, that is one proper post.

    And here's me thinking "I'd bring my own Little Mermaid mug"
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    19 Feb '16 07:53
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Isn't it referred t as 'shiv'?
    "Shivs" are called shanks.
    "Shanks" are usually referred to as shivs.
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    19 Feb '16 07:54
    Originally posted by Seitse
    And here's me thinking "I'd bring my own Little Mermaid mug"
    You bring a Little Mermaid mug and you better have a shiv and a shank!
  13. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Joined
    01 Jan '06
    Moves
    33672
    19 Feb '16 08:15
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You bring a Little Mermaid mug and you better have a shiv and a shank!
    O.k., my list is taking shape:

    1. Two shivs (a.k.a. shanks)
    2. One Little Mermaid mug

    O.k., what else? Penicillin?
  14. Standard memberptobler
    Patzer
    Canberra
    Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    10140
    19 Feb '16 09:13
    Amyl nitrite?
  15. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    96991
    19 Feb '16 10:27
    I will just bring my good mood 😞
Back to Top