1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '20 17:41
    I was thinking while out for my walk how lucky we are even with everything that is going on around us. At least in our little neck of the woods, I know many are not as fortunate as we are.

We can still play chess with people around the world. Those who don't play chess can chat or play other games. We can see each other and talk to each other on our phones or other apps.

-VR
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 May '20 17:48
    @very-rusty said
    I was thinking while out for my walk how lucky we are even with everything that is going on around us. At least in our little neck of the woods, I know many are not as fortunate as we are.

We can still play chess with people around the world. Those who don't play chess can chat or play other games. We can see each other and talk to each other on our phones or other apps.

-VR
    With all the lockdowns, I just enjoy taunting the drones flying overhead as I run outside to laugh hysterically at them in defiance and then run back inside again.

It's the simply pleasures in life that make it all worth while.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '20 17:59
    @whodey said
    With all the lockdowns, I just enjoy taunting the drones flying overhead as I run outside to laugh hysterically at them in defiance and then run back inside again.

It's the simply pleasures in life that make it all worth while.
    We take everything for granted so when it is gone we really miss it.

Simple things like sitting around a cafe talking with people.

-VR
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    20 May '20 18:23
    @very-rusty said
    We take everything for granted so when it is gone we really miss it.

Simple things like sitting around a cafe talking with people.

-VR
    I live in a country town in which a good number of our residents work in the city. I noticed that, when walking our dogs in the mornings that the number of vehicles we encountered was comparitively negligible. Since some city businesses are now able to open again, with strict guidelines, the number of vehicles I now encounter has almost gone back to previous numbers. I, personally, think we may be a bit too early. I guess time will tell.
  5. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    20 May '20 19:131 edit
    @great-big-stees said
    I live in a country town in which a good number of our residents work in the city. I noticed that, when walking our dogs in the mornings that the number of vehicles we encountered was comparitively negligible. Since some city businesses are now able to open again, with strict guidelines, the number of vehicles I now encounter has almost gone back to previous numbers. I, personally, think we may be a bit too early. I guess time will tell.
    I live in a small city well just outside by a lake about 10 minutes away. I've noticed an increase in traffic also as they are opening up some things, like bike trails and parks...Talking about opening some resturants but still have to keep the distance thing and wear masks, I see a lot of people not wearing them now which is a concern. You folks had it worst than us, and wonder the same as you as someone can have it and not even know for 14 days in that time how many people do they come in contact with? Especially if they are not wearing a mask.

-VR
  6. SubscriberChris Guffoggonline
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    20 May '20 19:33
    Nah, not here. North West England is still bandit country.
  7. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Moves
    20 May '20 20:15
    @hells-caretaker said
    robin hood
    and his merry men
    no longer rob the rich
    they teach them zen
  8. SubscriberChris Guffoggonline
    Alekhine's Gun
    🤔 Bolton
    Moves
    20 May '20 20:54
    @rookie54 said
    robin hood
    and his merry men
    no longer rob the rich
    they teach them zen
    Actually that's a good analogy, nice alternative to Good or Bad Karma I've been studying. With a two metre distance, Sutra will need government approval.🚬
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 May '20 14:49
    @hells-caretaker said
    And all the better for it - at least you're neither Scots nor Home Counties!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree