Weathering the weather

Weathering the weather

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
24 Apr 15

Two years ago, we encountered the outskirts of a class F-4 tornado that devastated the little community where I happened to be working...nearly an hour ago, the sky here darkened and we enjoyed a bout of wind, rain, hail and the weather service placing our area under tornado watch..yet again...it felt all so familiar...and then it blew past us...even after two shots of smooth whiskey and cooling down with a glass of red, I'm still sweating...

How have you weathered the weather?

Moves
24 Apr 15

Originally posted by hakima
Two years ago, we encountered the outskirts of a class F-4 tornado that devastated the little community where I happened to be working...nearly an hour ago, the sky here darkened and we enjoyed a bout of wind, rain, hail and the weather service placing our area under tornado watch..yet again...it felt all so familiar...and then it blew past us...even after tw ...[text shortened]... d cooling down with a glass of red, I'm still sweating...

How have you weathered the weather?
We had a tornado "hit" my neighbour's house, jump over ours and hit the neighbour across the road. It was the scariest thing I have ever experienced. We too enjoyed a dram or three afterwards. Fortunately it only caused structural damage and no loss of life. Mother Nature sure is a force to be reckoned with. Glad to hear you and yours are "OK".

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
25 Apr 15

Two '500 year' floods hit my little town within 5 years of each other. Houses ripped up and floating down the river. Sewer systems completely overwhelmed. Spent weeks working with the Salvation Army digging out eight feet of mud, snakes, and dead animals from homes that survived. It was localized along the river that runs through New Braunfels, but the destruction there was heart-breaking.

Illumination

The Razor's Edge

Moves
26 Apr 15

Here we go again...

Q. How do you know which FaceBook friends are from Texas?

A. They post pictures of the sky just before utter destruction hits...

After I posted mine, I had several not Texas friends admonish me to safety...Here is my reply:

To all my non-Texas friends...thank you for the wishes that I be safe...one thing I have learned in Texas...safety is an illusion...the weather changes at the drop of a hat and I live in a tin shack...

I like bad boys!!!

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by hakima
Here we go again...

Q. How do you know which FaceBook friends are from Texas?

A. They post pictures of the sky just before utter destruction hits...

After I posted mine, I had several not Texas friends admonish me to safety...Here is my reply:

To all my non-Texas friends...thank you for the wishes that I be safe...one thing I have learned in Texa ...[text shortened]... on...the weather changes at the drop of a hat and I live in a tin shack...

I like bad boys!!!
"I live in a tin shack." Do you have a cellar?

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
27 Apr 15

Ever since Texas was stolen, it has been hit with pests, natural disasters, and
the Bush family.

I proclaim those events to be a signal of the end times by the wrath of the
land against its usurpers.

Long live the fajita!

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by Seitse
Ever since Texas was stolen, it has been hit with pests, natural disasters, and
the Bush family.

I proclaim those events to be a signal of the end times by the wrath of the
land against its usurpers.

Long live the fajita!
And they (Americans) may not have seen the last of the Bush family.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
And they (Americans) may not have seen the last of the Bush family.
is that why they carry guns ?

Moves
27 Apr 15

Last week it was summer here and this week winter.

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by Trev33
Last week it was summer here and this week winter.
That Mother Nature, a real "prankster" eh?

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
27 Apr 15

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
That Mother Nature, a real "prankster" eh?
its the same here mate

New Braunfels, Texas

Moves
28 Apr 15

95F yesterday and 60F this morning. Wind has been blowing all day long. Fairly typical Texas weather. 🙂