1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 15:142 edits
    If you are using the General Forum frequently, you are likely to be a sociable type of chap (or lady) so please check out this post on a new feature - greeters and welcome games.

Good manners essential, so perhaps the GF is not the best place to promote this. 😉

Thread 154455
  2. old pueblo
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 15:35
    This is a great idea! Thanks!
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 18:19
    Originally posted by Russ
    Good manners essential, so perhaps the GF is not the best place to promote this. 😉
    😞
  4. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 18:43
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    😞
    He has a point.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 19:04
    Originally posted by Great Big Stees
    He has a point.
    When it comes to poor manners, the GF doesn't hold a candle to Spirituality, Debates or Clans.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 19:57
    When it comes to poor manners, the GF doesn't hold a candle to Spirituality, Debates or Clans.
    The swine. 😠
  7. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 22:30
    I signed up for the greeters thing, I think it's a good idea as long as they don't beat me; that just wouldn't be cricket. (It would not be polite, for those unfortunate enough to be living in non cricket - playing nations).
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 23:19
    If you are using the General Forum frequently, you are likely to be a sociable type of chap (or lady) so please check out this post on a new feature - greeters and welcome games.

Thread 154455
    lol, Russ, you kill me. 🙂

Still, quite a good idea.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 23:26
    Clans is a cesspool of immaturity. Clearly, half the people in Debates are just misinformed, and Spirituality does have a 'tolerance problem', but at least it's on both sides. None of them are a particularly good place for 'newbies'.

Somehow I don't think any room full of people arguing is a showcase for 'good manners'.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Jul '13 23:27
    Originally posted by Indonesia Phil
    I signed up for the greeters thing, I think it's a good idea as long as they don't beat me; that just wouldn't be cricket. (It would not be polite, for those unfortunate enough to be living in non cricket - playing nations).
    Nah, let them win, maybe they'll come back. 😀
  11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 00:23
    Playing p1200s can be a fraught experience, they could be OTB grandmasters and you've no clue. The ones who respond to the greeter suggestion are likely to be at the other end of the range of possibilities. I'm hoping ...
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 01:04
    Originally posted by Kewpie

Playing p1200s can be a fraught experience, they could be OTB grandmasters and you've no clue. The ones who respond to the greeter suggestion are likely to be at the other end of the range of possibilities. I'm hoping ...
    "Seek games with stronger players", that's the advice given to me repeatedly by my mentor and dear family friend, E.M. Reubens of the Boylston Chess Club in Boston. I literally lost 1,000 OTB Games to him, Ben Landey, Kermit Pransky, Tigran Shaack and Edmund Brown during four memorable years during my early twenties. Finding mentors is the challenge. (gb)
  13. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 03:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Nah, let them win, maybe they'll come back. 😀
    Fair enough, mind you they'll probably win anyway whether I let them or no.
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 04:201 edit
    I quite like the fact that the game is marked with a special Welcome icon.
  15. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    25 Jul '13 05:15

Thread 154455
    i think this is a great idea to promote this site, and get a larger community involved 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree