General Forum

General Forum

  1. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    15 May '13 19:421 edit
    Grey clouds above, sunshine too.
    Irish weather makes fun of you.
    Umbrellas ripped away from your hand.
    Then glorious warmth all across the land.
    No one knows what it is that they should wear.
    Raincoats and shorts, some people just don't care.
    Irish fashion is very strange to behold.
    It may seem to be warm and suddenly it's cold.
    If you visit here, you had best prepare.
    It's nothing like you have experienced over there.
    But one thing is for sure, the fun will never end.
    If you make an Irish person your life long friend.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    15 May '13 19:58
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody

    Grey clouds above, sunshine too.
    Irish weather makes fun of you.
    Umbrellas ripped away from your hand.
    Then glorious warmth all across the land.
    No one knows what it is that they should wear.
    Raincoats and shorts, some people just don't care.
    Irish fashion is very strange to behold.
    It may seem to be warm and suddenly it's cold.
    If you ...[text shortened]... e thing is for sure, the fun will never end.
    If you make an Irish person your life long friend.
    Johnny, would you know if there are many Swedish People in Ireland?
  3. Account suspended
    Joined
    26 Aug '07
    Moves
    38239
    15 May '13 21:34
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Johnny, would you know if there are many Swedish People in Ireland?
    yes Dublin was essentially founded by the Vikings!
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Joined
    19 Apr '10
    Moves
    55013
    15 May '13 22:24
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Grey clouds above, sunshine too.
    Irish weather makes fun of you.
    Umbrellas ripped away from your hand.
    Then glorious warmth all across the land.
    No one knows what it is that they should wear.
    Raincoats and shorts, some people just don't care.
    Irish fashion is very strange to behold.
    It may seem to be warm and suddenly it's cold.
    If yo ...[text shortened]... ing is for sure, the fun will never end.
    If you make an Irish person your life long friend.
    Nice poem JLW
    How about one with gettin drunk, fightin and potatoes. 😛 🙂
  5. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    15 May '13 22:55
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Nice poem JLW
    How about one with gettin drunk, fightin and potatoes. 😛 🙂
    We don't have time for poetry when we are about the very serious
    business of drinking and fighting.
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    15 May '13 22:59
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Johnny, would you know if there are many Swedish People in Ireland?
    The Danes, Norsemen, Vikings, came to Ireland
    around 1000 A D. Their influence was very prominent
    in the 12th century. We have had ever since then a long
    association with the people of Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
  7. rebel city
    Joined
    20 Jun '09
    Moves
    74241
    15 May '13 23:41
    A taste of Ireland: The Wild Atlantic Way

    YouTube

    Enjoy! 🙂
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    16 May '13 00:31
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody

    The Danes, Norsemen, Vikings, came to Ireland
    around 1000 A D. Their influence was very prominent
    in the 12th century. We have had ever since then a long
    association with the people of Norway, Sweden and Denmark.
    Danes, Norsemen, Vikings lived to fight back in those days. Were they Natural Allies of the Irish against Common Foes?
  9. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    16 May '13 08:36
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Danes, Norsemen, Vikings lived to fight back in those days. Were they Natural Allies of the Irish against Common Foes?
    The vikings settled around the year 1100.

    Lots of Viking blood in Ireland. Especially on the east coast where I am.

    Christcurch Cathedral is regarded as a Viking church and just up
    the road from it is The Brazen Head bar, reputed to be the oldest
    pub in Dublin city. Established in the year 1198.

    They do great food in there.
  10. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Joined
    12 Mar '04
    Moves
    10441
    17 May '13 02:25
    Q: What do you call a pretty girl surrounded by 15 Irishmen

    A: A bartender
  11. Subscriberrookie54
    free tazer tickles..
    wildly content...
    Joined
    09 Mar '08
    Moves
    138473
    17 May '13 16:55
    maybe this guy's irish...
    no way, not a chance...

    wait...
    he IS irish???

    dang...

    http://tinyurl.com/aa7d4d6
Back to Top