1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 10:33
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Note: Silver and Bronze Prizes (merchandise gift certificates in the amounts of $25 and $15 redeemable at the Red Hot Pawn/CafePress Inc. Site Store) will not be awarded due to the lack of serious interest in participating in "Sleuthing 2013".

For All Intents and Purposes, This Thread is Now Unofficially Closed.
    What intent or purpose was there other than self-promotion?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 12:18
    Originally posted by HandyAndy

What intent or purpose was there other than self-promotion?
    Yes, Andy. Purpose: Please see Welcome to "Sleuthing 2013" Mysteries: 8. Motivation. Thanks, again, for your participation.

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (previous page)
    Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:33 PM
    To: .... [k...@.]
    Cc: Bob
    Subject: Correct Answers (RHP General Forum). Thanks.

Welcome to "Sleuthing 2013".
    As soon as our newest game is started, an email containing the correct/locked answers will be sent to kiki46 (my brother, who won't be eligible to play) at his home about a thousand miles away from my own. There are eight (8) mysteries to be solved before December 8, 2013, nine weeks from today when the winners will be named.

Mysteries: 1. Person: “You” (as the hopeful winner of the Gold Prize); 2. Partner: “First Person to post to this thread (or the second if you’re the first to post); 3. Place: RHP’s General Forum in October-December, 2013 ; 4. Thing: Your Average RHP Chess Rating for 5 Years; 5. Time: Date you joined RHP; 6. Situation: Playing Welcome to “Sleuthing 2013” (to enjoy conversation with others while trying to solve the eight mysteries to win); 7. Condition: The overall context of the highly competitive online correspondence chess sites in which Red Hot Pawn competes for market share; 8. Motivation: To stimulate interest in site members to participate in/contribute to this centerpiece public forum (to enhance the viability of the site in attracting and retaining new members). (Tie Breaker: Date: Date Russ Joined (February 20, 2001).) [Note: Portions in Bold identify the one mystery that was disclosed and the four lemon lime successfully solved.]

How to Solve: Ask as many closed ended True or False Questions as you'd like, one question per post (to prevent the possibility of confusion and to simplify reply). All Sleuthing 2013 related questions will be answered in the order asked at least once each day with one of the following letters: Y (Yes); B (Ballpark, close); E (Explain); or N (No) or a comment.

Winning: Detective/Player being the first to solve each of the eight mysteries will have 3 points awarded to his or her score. If two players tie with 12 Points Each, the closest answer to the (Tie Breaker: Date) mystery will break the tie.

Will There be A Prize? Yes, three: Gold, Silver and Bronze. Details are included in the email to my brother and will be announced a week from today. Why not now? To keep focus on getting our newest game underway by minimizing sidebars. (I’ll email the details later this week when I’ve received answers to a few administrative questions from Russ.*

Best wishes for success to all! Get creative. Piece the mysteries together. Enjoy each other while playing our game. -Bob"

* Feedback Questions to Russ and follow-on email unnecessary due to lack of serious interest, despite numerous off-topic posts; multiple mystery focused questions were posted by HandyAndy and lemon lime only. I thank you both.

Congratulation, lemon lime! You've won the Gold Prize: A Complimentary Annual Subscription to Red Hot Pawn. I'll message you early next week after site feedback reply with procedural details on this third party transaction. -Bob
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    13 Oct '13 23:56
    Congratulation, lemon lime! You've won the Gold Prize: A Complimentary Annual Subscription to Red Hot Pawn. I'll message you early next week after site feedback reply with procedural details on this third party transaction. -Bob
    Not so fast, Bobby! We haven't received official verification of the correct solutions from kiki46.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 00:331 edit
    Not so fast, Bobby! We haven't received official verification of the correct solutions from kiki46.
    "... an email containing the correct/locked answers will be sent to kiki46 (my brother, who won't be eligible to play) at his home about a thousand miles away from my own."

As promised, a verbatim copy of that email containing the solutions was provided. Game's over. Time to move on. Thanks.

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (copy on this page)
    Subject: Correct Answers (RHP General Forum). Thanks
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 02:40
    "... an email containing the correct/locked answers will be sent to kiki46 (my brother, who won't be eligible to play) at his home about a thousand miles away from my own."

As promised, a verbatim copy of that email containing the solutions was provided. Game's over. Time to move on. Thanks.

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (copy on this page) ...[text shortened]... 013 4:33 PM
    Subject: Correct Answers (RHP General Forum). Thanks
    I see nothing here verified by kiki46.. just the same old foggy jargon belched out by you.

It's starting to look like your "sleuthing" contest was nothing but a fraud cooked up by you
    and your alter ego, slimydid. Shame on you for wasting our time with a phony sideshow.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 02:52
    I see nothing here verified by kiki46.. just the same old foggy jargon belched out by you.

It's starting to look like your "sleuthing" contest was nothing but a fraud cooked up by you
    and your alter ego, slimydid. Shame on you for wasting our time with a phony sideshow.
    "I see nothing here verified by kiki46."

Never intended nor needed. Hints and Clues consistent with the previously locked solutions were given;
    solutions revealed are verbatim. "Phony sideshows" don't result in a new site subscription and avatar.
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 04:11
    "I see nothing here verified by kiki46."

Never intended nor needed. Hints and Clues consistent with the previously locked solutions were given;
    solutions revealed are verbatim. "Phony sideshows" don't result in a new site subscription and avatar.
    If you never intended to send the correct answers to kiki46, why did you even mention his name?

It was a fraud, Bobby. You made it up as you went along.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 04:202 edits
    If you never intended to send the correct answers to kiki46, why did you even mention his name?

It was a fraud, Bobby. You made it up as you went along.

Sent a week ago as promised. Date and Time bolded on my copy of the email. Obviously the email addresses have been withheld. Best that you be careful with unfounded accusations for the sake of all concerned. Please move on.
  9. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 04:30
    [b]Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:33 PM

Sent a week ago as promised. Date and Time bolded on my copy of the email.
    Best that you be careful with unfounded accusations for the sake of all concerned.[/b]
    Your contest was a fraud, Bobby. Ask your brother to post the text of your October 6 email.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 05:43
    Your contest was a fraud, Bobby. Ask your brother to post the text of your October 6 email.
    > Page 16, Post 14.
  11. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 11:50
    > Page 16, Post 14.
    Help me find the part where kiki46 affirms that you sent him the answers before the contest began.
  12. Joined
    02 Apr '08
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 19:52
    Help me find the part where kiki46 affirms that you sent him the answers before the contest began.
    Email in question was sent 10/6/13at 4:13 pm,opened and received 10/7/13 at 12:17 pm. Carefully checked and verified with the answers g.b posted. Case closed.
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 20:22
    Originally posted by kiki46
    Email in question was sent 10/6/13at 4:13 pm,opened and received 10/7/13 at 12:17 pm. Carefully checked and verified with the answers g.b posted. Case closed.
    Thank you, kiki. I appreciate your cooperation.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    14 Oct '13 20:25
    [b]Sent: Sunday, October 06, 2013 4:33 PM

Sent a week ago as promised. Date and Time bolded on my copy of the email. Obviously the email addresses have been withheld. Best that you be careful with unfounded accusations for the sake of all concerned. Please move on.[/b]
    I apologize for misjudging you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree