1. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 13:55
    I can't find the original thread.

I'm reading Malin Thunberg Schunke: De Rättslösa (translated Those without rights), 2020.
    Associate Professor in Criminal Law at the University of Uppsala. She holds an LLD in Criminal Law (Uppsala University) and an LLM in Criminology and Criminal Justice (King`s College, London). Her research interests lie in national and international criminal law particularly EU judicial cooperation in criminal matters and human rights.
  2. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 17:02
    To you who thumbed this down - why don't you come up with something better then?
  3. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 17:30
    @torunn said
    To you who thumbed this down - why don't you come up with something better then?
    Probably somebody who fell foul of international law and resented her book ever since. What's got you reading the law??
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 17:311 edit
    @torunn said
    I wouldn’t take any notice of thumbing down Torunn
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 17:31
    @torunn said

I'm reading Malin Thunberg Schunke: De Rättslösa (translated Those without rights), 2020.
    Associate Professor in Criminal Law at the University of Uppsala. She holds an LLD in Criminal Law (Uppsala University) and an LLM in Criminology and Criminal Justice (King`s College, London). Her research interests lie in national and international criminal law particularly EU judicial cooperation in criminal matters and human rights.
    I'm currently reading books by friends/followers on Twitter. A mixed bag. 🙂
  6. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 17:331 edit
    @relentless-red said
    Probably somebody who fell foul of international law and resented her book ever since. What's got you reading the law??
    🙂 It's not the law - it's fiction with the legal situation within EU as background. She focuses on some of the people who don't belong anywhere, many of them paperless and very poor, and the huge gap between those who have and those who have nothing. And what might happen if you don't follow the rules and there is nobody to help you.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 17:361 edit
    (Among a couple of others)
    I’m revisiting ‘The Challenger Sale’
    By Matthew Dixon and Brent Adamson
  8. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 17:54
    @torunn said
    🙂 It's not the law - it's fiction with the legal situation within EU as background. She focuses on some of the people who don't belong anywhere, many of them paperless and very poor, and the huge gap between those who have and those who have nothing. And what might happen if you don't follow the rules and there is nobody to help you.
    Do you recommend it?

I've got Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy waiting to be read after you recommended it ages ago. I decided to read: Call for the Dead; A Murder of Quality; The Spy Who Came in from the Cold and The Looking Glass War first which I know you suggested skipping, but they were okay and nice to see how his books developed. Not quite in the same league as The Night Manager and The Tailor of Panama though, which I read years ago and couldn't put down.
  9. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 18:131 edit
    @relentless-red said
    Do you recommend it?

I've got Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy waiting to be read after you recommended it ages ago. I decided to read: Call for the Dead; A Murder of Quality; The Spy Who Came in from the Cold and The Looking Glass War first which I know you suggested skipping, but they were okay and nice to see how his books developed. Not quite in the same league as The Night Manager and The Tailor of Panama though, which I read years ago and couldn't put down.
    I don't think it has been translated to English, but I wouldn't recommend it anyway. Her strength is her focus, experience, knowledge of the world where the story takes place but I wouldn't say she is a very good writer.

John Le Carré on the other hand... 🙂
  10. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 19:37
    @torunn said

Thread 165183
  11. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 19:46
    @ponderable said
    Thread 165183
    Thank you, Ponderable, great to have! 🙂
  12. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 19:50
    @torunn said
    Now we can refer to it 😉 and the new thread may thrive...

I am reading:

Hartmut Radebold / Werner Bohleber / Jürgen Zinnecker (Eds.)
    Transgenerationale Weitergabe kriegsbelasteter Kindheiten
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 19:50
    @torunn said
    He has detailed files 😊
  14. Gothenburg
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 19:51
    @divegeester said
    He has detailed files 😊
    Ponderable always has the answers. 🙂
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Nov '21 19:52
    @torunn said
    Ponderable always has the answers. 🙂
    His files are detailed.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree