1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 14:37
    I've read intimations regarding their demise, but haven't the whole story.
    Kind of sad really.
    I was part of a very active Clan two years ago, then left for personal reasons in 2017...only to return to a ghost-town.
    What's happened?
  2. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 15:07
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Kind of sad really.
    I was part of a very active Clan two years ago, then left for personal reasons in 2017...only to return to a ghost-town.
    What's happened?
    they ain't what they once were
    are you referring to the forum or the clans themselves?
    there are still plenty of clans and lots of challenges going on
    the clan forum is a different thing, nothing but a cesspool
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 15:10
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    they ain't what they once were
    are you referring to the forum or the clans themselves?
    there are still plenty of clans and lots of challenges going on
    the clan forum is a different thing, nothing but a cesspool
    Perhaps if you stayed out of it that would clean the cesspool up! Problem solved! 😛

-VR
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 15:14
    Kind of sad really.
    What's happened?
    To make it simple, war of words for about 18 month concerning things going on. I believe after 18 months of it people just got tired.

-VR
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 16:11
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    To make it simple, war of words for about 18 month concerning things going on. I believe after 18 months of it people just got tired.

-VR
    Ahhh...so sort of like the Debates Forum carried over? Too bad.

I wasn't bothered that RHP took my money in spite of my being away for a year. I'd voluntarily signed on for the auto-deduction and could have stopped it at any time. But I knew I'd be returning soon. It was just disappointing to find that certain features had significantly diminished.

I guess the entertaining Forum banter is pretty fair compensation, however. Well...most of the time. 🙂
  6. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 16:18
    if you were limited to one clan then some of the members who are in multiple clans would form their own clan and clan grouping would enlarge.

very odd to allow multiple clan membership. i have never seen this on any other site.
  7. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 16:29
    Originally posted by @mister-moggy
    if you were limited to one clan then some of the members who are in multiple clans would form their own clan and clan grouping would enlarge.

very odd to allow multiple clan membership. i have never seen this on any other site.
    I have been a proponent of one clan only
    hard to be loyal when a member of multiple clans
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 17:28
    Ahhh...so sort of like the Debates Forum carried over? Too bad.

I wasn't bothered that RHP took my money in spite of my being away for a year. I'd voluntarily signed on for the auto-deduction and could have stopped it at any time. But I knew I'd be returning soon. It was just disappointing to find that certain features had significantly diminished.

...[text shortened]... the entertaining Forum banter is pretty fair compensation, however. Well...most of the time. 🙂
    And think, it you hadn't starting posting in the forums you'd never of had the privilege of getting your assed kicked at fantasy football by an Irishman 😉
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 19:17
    Originally posted by @lemondrop
    I have been a proponent of one clan only
    hard to be loyal when a member of multiple clans
    I've also been in favor of one clan only. Should also have a minimum amount of members not a one man clan as a clan is more than one person. 😉

-VR
  10. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 22:251 edit
    would it be a good idea for an advisory poll on the issue of clans.

if perhaps there were a significant number of voters to give russ some idea of the depth of the opinion the results might
    prove usefull.

there could be a few questions such as:

should clan membership be reduced to10

should 1 man clans be eliminated

should the membership in more than 1 clan be eliminated

just a thought. to have value the polling census would have to have a significant number of paying members giving and opinion as a few or a few dozen would not test the waters.

it would be advisory only as while voting paying members play here they also do not own the site so it is up to admin
    to do as they feel what is good for timeforchess

i think polling time would last about 90 days to give all paying members time to vote as some members may not
    vote early or may not vote until they have read commentary in the clan forum or have not moved in a while.
  11. Standard membermobster kitty
    mafia chief
    the safe house
    Moves
    15 Sep '18 22:46
    the reason why the vitality of the clans is important as this site needs to survive against competitiors

the reason the site continues is because of community

community is the forums and the clans

to vitalize each is to continue the site
  12. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 11:36
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    I've also been in favor of one clan only. Should also have a minimum amount of members not a one man clan as a clan is more than one person. 😉

-VR
    The logic in what you say seems too obvious to have not yet become policy.
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    16 Sep '18 12:10
    I'm prepared to have a couple of consultation votes on this - very happy for members to steer the site's future direction on established features such as clans.

One further thing though...the new (soon to be released) RHP update should raise the profile of clan membership in a positive way. Player profiles work a little differently - with clan membership given more prominence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree