What is it about the rain...

What is it about the rain...

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
10 Jan 23

...that causes one to sleep so much? Can't complain about it, since I suffer from occasional periods of insomnia, but the steady rain in my area has me sleeping 10-12 hours a day. Very strange. πŸ€”

Moves
10 Jan 23

@mchill said
...that causes one to sleep so much? Can't complain about it, since I suffer from occasional periods of insomnia, but the steady rain in my area has me sleeping 10-12 hours a day. Very strange. πŸ€”
10 - 12 hours a day!

Really?

Gothenburg

Moves
10 Jan 23
1 edit

@mchill said
Agree, especially this winter. I feel I'm hibernating. Short days combined with rain don't raise your spirits.

Jack Torrance

Overlook Hotel

Moves
10 Jan 23

@mchill said
Funny you should say that. Its raining heavily where I am (North Yorkshire) and I have just had a 7 hour sleep. Very rare for me, usually I only get 5 hours at most.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
10 Jan 23
1 edit

@mchill said
It’s probably what our ancestors did? It’s a good time to rest and conserve energy and food supplies, then you’re ready to get out and hunt for food when the weather is fine. Plus rain is caused by low pressure which dampens the spirits, as opposed to high on a lovely sunny day.

We’ve had lots in Wales for weeks. It’s an expensive time for drying washing with the high cost of electricity 😟

πŸ‘Œ

Moves
10 Jan 23

That ⬆️

And it counts as a shower.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
10 Jan 23

@booger said
That ⬆️

And it counts as a shower.
For my dog yes as she hates being groomed! So I walk in waterproofs and she gets a good damn soaking πŸ˜€

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Jan 23

@woodgirl said
It’s probably what our ancestors did? It’s a good time to rest and conserve energy and food supplies, then you’re ready to get out and hunt for food when the weather is fine. Plus rain is caused by low pressure which dampens the spirits, as opposed to high on a lovely sunny day.

We’ve had lots in Wales for weeks. It’s an expensive time for drying washing with the high cost of electricity 😟
same here in yorkshire, but read in the paper to prepair for summer droughts.......its the uk nits allways raining.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
10 Jan 23

@badradger said
same here in yorkshire, but read in the paper to prepair for summer droughts.......its the uk nits allways raining.
I’m planning to start using an evening, slow irrigation system near the roots of my crops this summer. Got so fed up with the early morning and evening watering with a can last year, spending hours at it each week.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
10 Jan 23
1 edit

@mchill said
Love the rain, puts me right to sleep at night. 10-12 hours seems like a lot of sleep to me. Maybe making up for sleep you lost because of your insomnia.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
10 Jan 23

@woodgirl said

The farmers back in the days used to get up early to milk the cows, feed the animals and clean up. Then the family went back to bed for a few hours and then got up again to do afternoon and evening chores.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
10 Jan 23

@mchill said
white noise
the chaotic drumming without pattern or focus
the buffeting of the ear with random sound triggers the production of serotonin and creates euphoria
the scuttling of thousands of scarab as they rend yer flesh from thy bones will do the same thing

sweet dreams

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
10 Jan 23

@torunn said
The farmers back in the days used to get up early to milk the cows, feed the animals and clean up. Then the family went back to bed for a few hours and then got up again to do afternoon and evening chores.
That’s my kind of day in the summer; up early to water the garden and then a well deserved siesta after an early lunch πŸ₯±

πŸ‘Œ

Moves
10 Jan 23
1 edit

🎢🎡 I bless the rains down in Africa 🎢🎡

Toto