1. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 02:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    I too obtain invisible signals-carrying power from the air but the folks on the science forum couldn't explain it.
    Probably there are no "scientists" there.
  2. Standard memberCrowley
    Not Aleister
    Control room
    Moves
    10 Feb '16 05:20
    I can basically run my businesses from my phone, so it's quite important nowadays.
    Banking, digital filing, taxes, accounting, email, web browsing and content management. Can manage Facebook pages and other social media from it. And it can phone people too.

First one at varsity 1998, this sexy little number: http://dertompson.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/samsung220.jpg

Probably had about 10 odd since then, up to the Nokia E65 (Symbian sucks balls).

First proper 'smart' phone was the Galaxy S, then had had Galaxy phones, until the S5, then moved to LG G3 now G4.
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 00:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '16 02:09
    Originally posted by Crowley
    I can basically run my businesses from my phone, so it's quite important nowadays.
    Banking, digital filing, taxes, accounting, email, web browsing and content management. Can manage Facebook pages and other social media from it. And it can phone people too.

First one at varsity 1998, this sexy little number: http://dertompson.com/wp-content/uploads/2008 ...[text shortened]... t' phone was the Galaxy S, then had had Galaxy phones, until the S5, then moved to LG G3 now G4.
    The camera in the G4 is easily the best I've seen on any phone.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 04:19
    Originally posted by Trev33
    A crappy Samsung galaxy fame mini or something, which was only a stupid £7:50 per month after being half price for the first 6 months.
    My Samsung Galaxy S III Mini cost IDR 3,000,000 mid-2014 and yet still has a trade in/second hand value of IDR 1,450,000 which seems rather generous.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 09:05
    As a kid I was fascinated by Maxwell Smart's shoe-phone, which was forever ringing at inopportune moments, and triggered some other character in the scene to remark, "Your shoe's ringing." It was one of the running gags of that series.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 13:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    What is your personal history regarding ownership and use of mobile phones?

[Thanks to Ghost of a Duke for the idea]
    I got my first mobile in late 2004. Two others since. Still no smart phone. I bought one for my 13 year old son. He knows how to use it.

Cell phones effectively revolutionized my life and business. Don't know how I lived without one. But one day I'm going off the grid. If someone wants to talk to me they can come find me. 😉
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 13:30
    First was a Nokia 3310. Went through various cheap models after that. Had a Blackberry at one point which wasn't bad. Bought first iPhone (3GS) and haven't looked back. Now I have an iPhone 6S.
  9. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    06 Mar '16 15:00
    I got my first one 3 years ago when I was 22. Only got it because I was looking for a job at the time and didn't have a home phone. I barely used it, after I found a job that didn't require a phone at all, I decided it wasn't worth the $15 a month to keep it going. I haven't used a phone since.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree