1. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Sep '17 15:06
    Originally posted by @whodey
    As you many have heard, there were protests during the playing of the US anthem at various sporting events around the US as many chose not to stand. So what were you doing during the playing of the national anthem?

Was it anything like this?

[youtubenextel]axsqWbxZJGc[/youtube]
    If they would Play the German National Anthem in private Football games (a game played with the foot and a ball [Explanation for our US members]) they would probably think that a new conquest of Europe was in preperation...
  2. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    27 Sep '17 04:24
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You're still upset about brexit aren't you.
    What's that got to do with American patriotism?

And why do you apparently wish to confront when I was being agreeable?

Still, since you ask, yes, I'm pro - European Union, and the way negotiations are going is doing nothing to change my mind about this. Thing is, whether we are in or out makes little difference to me, in fact if anything out is probably better than in for people like me who have made their money and can now sit on it whatever happens. However, since there is more to the world than me, I would like what is best for my country of birth, and in my ever so humble opinion 'we' are collectively better in than out, and I'm a 'globalist' anyway, so big is good as far as I'm concerned. I've lived in Indonesia for 15 years now and I'm as English as the day I moved here, but I also feel European, and nothing has happened post the start of 'Brexit' to make me think that it's going to end anything but badly for all concerned. We should file it under 'bad ideas' and move on. The pro 'Brexiters' have been quiet on the forums lately, and their silence is speaking volumes...
  3. Standard memberBongalloJoe
    Not Gone Yet
    STALKER ALERT!!
    Moves
    30 Sep '17 04:10
    i still dont understand all this stuff going on about the national athem. the pittsburg steelers even stayed in the tunnew while this was happening.

wtf?

this is amrica. we made it through countless (not countless) wars, even one with ourself. wecant just stop having pride for our country. what these peopl are doing is absolutely stupid. if they knew what we went tbrough for this song an ou nation, you wouhld stand up. if you dont, start to respct it. it isnt that hard. just learn the words and stand up. if you have a leg injury and physically cannot stand up, that makes sense. but really? all we've been through and all the pepl who lost thbeir lives fighting for this country - wasted. so foolish.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Sep '17 04:37
    Originally posted by @bongallojoe
    all we've been through and all the pepl who lost thbeir lives fighting for this country - wasted. so foolish.
    I thought the national narrative in the U.S. was that "all the people who lost their lives" were fighting, not for a flag, but for the freedom to protest, the freedom of speech, and freedom of thought and action.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree