What would, should, could, couldn't or have

What would, should, could, couldn't or have

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
20 Aug 15
1 edit

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Aug 15

The post that was quoted here has been removed
In the best interest of all concerned, this online public forum. lol

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
20 Aug 15
1 edit

Über-Nerd

Moves
20 Aug 15

My youth. Not that I had a choice, really.

r
Suzzie says Badger

is Racist Bastard

Moves
20 Aug 15

I gave up my Honda Crv for a Toyota yaris , gave up my subscription here to follow more important matters. I also gave up having a bath but that is because the new Bungalow only has a walk in shower.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
20 Aug 15

I gave up giving up. Now i just go ahead and indulge. It is so much more genuine and requires so little energy.

N

Moves
20 Aug 15

Originally posted by coquette
I gave up giving up. Now i just go ahead and indulge. It is so much more genuine and requires so little energy.
Hear, hear!

Read a book!

Moves
20 Aug 15

😞

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
20 Aug 15
3 edits

drewnogal, thanks for your kind words. "you are a big cog here...": Not quite, my friend, just a retired widower grateful to have been here these past eight years. Here's the relevant back story to my initial comment.

I unexpectedly acquired a brand new "hp pavilion zd 7000" wide screen laptop in March, 2004. Until joining Red Hot Pawn in July, 2007, [thanks to my thoughtful son who discovered this site and thought getting back into chess would serve a social need following my dear wife's departure from this life in January, 2003] it was only used infrequently for emails to family members and close friends. What a pleasant surprise to go online! Yes, I was a lad matriculating in internet kindergarten regarding the implicit policies and protocols applicable to these public forums. Yes, again; yours truly did receive several well justified forum bans for violations of site policy and forum guidelines during those first few years. Russ, if you're reading this sentence, thanks for insuring this online correspondence chess site's integrity since its inception on February 21, 2001. Please continue to do so from this day forward especially with the high tide waves of incivility which have infiltrated the internet culture in recent years. Regards, Bob

N

Moves
20 Aug 15

I am imagining you saying that with the concealed menace of a ruthlessly violent crime boss 'reassuring' a pitiful minion who has crossed her, before picking up the phone to order his gruesome despatch.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
20 Aug 15

N

Moves
20 Aug 15
1 edit

Hmm, I see your point, but I think it would be extremely boring here without occasional incendiary posts being lobbed around. And it would be unbalanced, dominated by a certain type of person and gooey sentimentality — bromide is the word that comes to mind.

Read a book!

Moves
20 Aug 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
I unexpectedly acquired a brand new "hp pavilion zd 7000" wide screen laptop in March, 2004. Until joining Red Hot Pawn in July, 2007, [thanks to my thoughtful son who discovered this site and thought getting back into chess would serve a social need following my dear wife's departure from this life in January, 2003] it was only used infrequently for e ...[text shortened]... de waves of incivility which have infiltrated the internet culture in recent years. Regards, Bob
Is there a forum ban for gratuitous schmaltz?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by HandyAndy
Is there a forum ban for gratuitous schmaltz?
... maybe.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
21 Aug 15

I gave up my virginity for half a pack of Marlboros and a Bud six pack.

Worth every thrust.