1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    06 Nov '15 23:56
    Originally posted by lemondrop
    a friend is walking down some railroad track unaware that a train is approaching
    on another track are two strangers
    you could save your friend by diverting the train
    but it would kill the two strangers
    what would you do?
    The two strangers are from the Clans Forum presumably?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 00:57

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 00:58
    what would you do? a question of ethics
    While staying at a high class hotel you accidentally spill a glass of red wine on one of the sofas in your room. Do you cover the stain with a cushion and keep quiet?
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 06:401 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    While staying at a high class hotel you accidentally spill a glass of red wine on one of the sofas in your room. Do you cover the stain with a cushion and keep quiet?
    That's easy. I would report it immediately and deal with the outcome. I don't need to be carrying around such a feeling of guilt. I have enough to carry as it is.

Now you may up the ante, friend FMF, and introduce a potential cost that would bankrupt me and cause my children to lose their educational opportunity. In that case my guess I would hide the fact. So I have to guess whether the hotel's reaction to my admission would be morally righteous in itself.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 06:57
    a friend is walking down some railroad track unaware that a train is approaching
    on another track are two strangers
    you could save your friend by diverting the train
    but it would kill the two strangers
    what would you do?
    Easy. I'd save my friend in a heartbeat.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 06:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    No, I'd report it. Although I've broken things in hotel rooms before an not reported it. I wouldn't feel a moral obligation in this scenario but I wouldn't hide the incident either.
  7. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 08:04
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Easy. I'd save my friend in a heartbeat.
    I too would save my friend in a heartbeat. It's an unfortunate thing but people die every day that I don't know and has really very little impact on me. A friend especially a true close friend however is a rare thing. I would feel for the strangers but my friend comes first.
  8. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 08:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, I'd report it. Although I've broken things in hotel rooms before an not reported it. I wouldn't feel a moral obligation in this scenario but I wouldn't hide the incident either.
    Would not say a word and if confronted with it would claim it was already broken before I got there. Sorry, in matters such as that I'm not real honest and feel no guilt whatsoever. Insurance may cover it and insurance companies are the cruellest most avaricious businesses of them all.
  9. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 09:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 09:41
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Perhaps, like me, you would attempt to suck the wine out of the fabric?
  11. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 09:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    i dont drink wine

mind you they would never let me stay at a high class hotel
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 11:241 edit
    Originally posted by roma45
    i dont drink wine
    And I never use the sofas in hotels.

If I were to spill my usual tipple over the sofa, it would be 7 bottles of Bintang Beer and not just a glass of wine.
  13. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 11:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    And I never use the sofas in hotels.

If I were to spill my usual tipple over the sofa, it would be 7 bottles of Bintang Beer and not just a glass of wine.
    Is that that Bali rubbish? That stuffs not beer. I've heard that the locals pee in the vat when they make that rotgut. But hey.....enjoy.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 11:532 edits
    Originally posted by radioactive69
    Is that that Bali rubbish? That stuffs not beer. I've heard that the locals pee in the vat when they make that rotgut. But hey.....enjoy.
    As wiki tells us, Bintang is "a 4.7 per cent Pilsner has a malt and hop flavour. Its taste is often compared to Heineken". Cheap yellow grog is cheap yellow grog whatever country you drink it in. Germans, Dutch, Brits and Aussie ex-pats or tourists who I bump into - and who know their beer - mostly reckon it's nothing special - just alright - but noticeably better than 15-20 years ago.

"In 2011, Bintang Beer won a gold medal for Lager (Class 2) and Champion Beer for the lager category at the Brewing Industry International Awards (BIIA 2011) in London." [wiki]

Indonesians are no more likely to make a beer by peeing in a vat than Europeans or Americans or Australians are. Why would they? It'd be interesting to hear what national and/or racial trait it is you think you are satirizing. 😛
  15. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    07 Nov '15 12:14
    Originally posted by FMF
    As wiki tells us, Bintang is "a 4.7 per cent Pilsner has a malt and hop flavour. Its taste is often compared to Heineken". Cheap yellow grog is cheap yellow grog whatever country you drink it in. Germans, Dutch, Brits and Aussie ex-pats or tourists who I bump into - and who know their beer - mostly reckon it's nothing special - just alright - but noticeably bett ...[text shortened]... be interesting to hear what national and/or racial trait it is you think you are satirizing. 😛
    Must be the secret ingredient that gives it that distinctive flavour you like. Always wondered why it had that weak yellow colour. Enjoy my friend

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree