Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
General Forum

General Forum

  1. 12 Nov '17 08:53 / 1 edit
    I’ve recently ‘arrived’ in the Debates Forum.
    I feel that I’m better understood here than there.
    As for liking or disliking it’s all a bit of a challenge which I generally like.
  2. 12 Nov '17 09:10
    I only participate in the General Forum and I like it very much because of its mix of views, topics and humour.
  3. 12 Nov '17 13:44
    Originally posted by @torunn
    I only participate in the General Forum and I like it very much because of its mix of views, topics and humour.
    I like the people...well most of them anyway.
  4. Standard member Ghost of a Duke
    Zen Master
    12 Nov '17 15:47
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    I’ve recently ‘arrived’ in the Debates Forum.
    I feel that I’m better understood here than there.
    As for liking or disliking it’s all a bit of a challenge which I generally like.
    I'm really only well understood in a small village in Merthyr Tydfil.

    RHP forums get the creative juices flowing. That has to be a good thing, right?
  5. 12 Nov '17 15:48
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    I'm really only well understood in a small village in Merthyr Tydfil.

    RHP forums get the creative juices flowing. That has to be a good thing, right?
    Not familiar with Creative juices. Are they at all like orange juice or maybe cranberry juice?
  6. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    12 Nov '17 17:23
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    Not familiar with Creative juices. Are they at all like orange juice or maybe cranberry juice?
    I dislike pretty much everyone equally!!!

    -VR
  7. 12 Nov '17 17:33
    Originally posted by @very-rusty
    I dislike pretty much everyone equally!!!

    -VR
    Sounds like a good way to make friends...
  8. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    12 Nov '17 17:37
    Originally posted by @torunn
    Sounds like a good way to make friends...
    Well it seems to have worked out well for me.

    -VR
  9. 13 Nov '17 14:43
    I dislike some of the vitriolic name calling that happens in some of the more "cerebral" forums.
  10. Subscriber Very Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    13 Nov '17 15:44
    Originally posted by @great-big-stees
    I dislike some of the vitriolic name calling that happens in some of the more "cerebral" forums.
    Well I dislike being accused of things which are not true, doesn't stop it from happening, we have to live with what we don't like or leave...There are your options!

    -VR
  11. 13 Nov '17 16:00
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    I’ve recently ‘arrived’ in the Debates Forum.
    I feel that I’m better understood here than there.
    As for liking or disliking it’s all a bit of a challenge which I generally like.
    Challenge? What challenge?
  12. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    02 Jan '18 10:52
    Originally posted by @drewnogal
    I’ve recently ‘arrived’ in the Debates Forum.
    I feel that I’m better understood here than there.
    As for liking or disliking it’s all a bit of a challenge which I generally like.
    I dislike when the debates threads come over to the GF...
    I like the many nice and constructive posters here.
  13. 02 Jan '18 10:56
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    I dislike when the debates threads come over to the GF...
    I like the many nice and constructive posters here.
    The debates forum is a miasma of extremist thinking, habitual partisan entrenchment and bad attitudes. It is best avoided.
  14. 02 Jan '18 11:11
    Debates is full of douchebags.
  15. 02 Jan '18 12:44
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    The debates forum is a miasma of extremist thinking, habitual partisan entrenchment and bad attitudes. It is best avoided.
    Tell me about it