1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Dec '17 22:30
    Originally posted by @handyandy
    Google Red Hot Pawn Proverbs 27:6
    The RHP forum search has been significantly curtailed for some reason.
  2. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    03 Dec '17 22:46
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    The RHP forum search has been significantly curtailed for some reason.
    Ask Russ.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 00:23
    Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 01:40
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Repeat what?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 07:22
    Ask Russ.
    In years to come this will be a contradiction that I will no longer be able to catch you in.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 12:121 edit
    The "search" (as it was) could be used to target the site and absolutely crush site performance. This actually happened unexpectedly last week (see site announcements), so once it was identified, it either had to be removed, or reduced in scope, until a replacement was introduced without the above issue.

I know it is inconvenient, but the number of people effected by this (very few) relative to those impacted by site performance (everyone) makes it justifiable.
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 12:24
    Those who live a rightous life have nothing to fear from their past. 🙂
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 12:40
    Originally posted by @russ
    The "search" (as it was) could be used to target the site and absolutely crush site performance. This actually happened unexpectedly last week (see site announcements), so once it was identified, it either had to be removed, or reduced in scope, until a replacement was introduced without the above issue.

I know it is inconvenient, but the number of peop ...[text shortened]... this (very few) relative to those impacted by site performance (everyone) makes it justifiable.
    Are all the hundreds and hundreds of thousands of posts gone forever or are they stashed somewhere?
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 13:05
    Are all the hundreds and hundreds of thousands of posts gone forever or are they stashed somewhere?
    They haven't gone anywhere. You can page through the history right now if you need reassurance.
  10. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 15:18
    They haven't gone anywhere. You can page through the history right now if you need reassurance.
    So I found out.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 19:03

I know it is inconvenient, but the number of peop ...[text shortened]... this (very few) relative to those impacted by site performance (everyone) makes it justifiable.
    I see thanks for the update; I didn’t realise that the site was so vulnerable.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 19:06
    Nothing is ever gone, it is mearly transformed from one state of consciousness to another.
  13. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 19:47
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Nothing is ever gone, it is mearly transformed from one state of consciousness to another.
    Forget about reclaiming the colonies. It's not gonna happen.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 19:55
    Forget about reclaiming the colonies. It's not gonna happen.
    What nakes you think the Limeys want you back? India, yes, spices and nice weather, but Connecticut?
  15. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    04 Dec '17 20:06
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    What nakes you think the Limeys want you back? India, yes, spices and nice weather, but Connecticut?
    Connecticut has cash!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree