1. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Dec '15 21:25
    ...then the product suffers.
    Which is the target group among consumers of blood pressure gauges and sugar level gauges?
    The retired.
    In Serbia there is a company which sells majority of those gauges and they advertised themselves using a voice of an once mega popular host of quiz. There's been a trio of those hosts (*all of them retired now).

That host, together with his voice, died for some time ago.

The company mercilessly replaced him with another member of the trio. Funny enough. Now there is a rumour that he wasn't feel well either.

Are they going go engage the third host?!
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Dec '15 01:27
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Which is the target group among consumers of blood pressure gauges and sugar level gauges?
    The retired.
    In Serbia there is a company which sells majority of those gauges and they advertised themselves using a voice of an once mega popular host of quiz. There's been a trio of those hosts (*all of them retired now).

That ho ...[text shortened]... Now there is a rumour that he wasn't feel well either.

For those of us in the USA, who is this "commercial star"?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '15 01:38
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    The retired.

That ...[text shortened]... there is a rumour that he wasn't feel well either.

A 'brand' can sometimes continue to flourish even if a key element is lost. When "Diane" left the TV series 'Cheers' after season 5 ~ with the show at the height of its popularity, and Shelley Long's performance an integral ingredient in that success ~ one could have been forgiven for thinking the show might as well have called it a day. And yet, the sitcom's romantic sparring partner for Ted Danson's "Sam" became "Rebecca", a very different character, played by Kirstie Alley, and the show blazed on just as brilliantly for another 6 seasons.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    13 Dec '15 06:30
    Nobody is indispensable. Celebrity endorsements are ten a penny anyway. When was the last time you bought something because some public face talked about it?
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    13 Dec '15 23:03
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Nobody is indispensable. Celebrity endorsements are ten a penny anyway. When was the last time you bought something because some public face talked about it?
    well, today's Parade magazine noted that the sale of Oakley (i think that was the brand) went up 2000% when tom cruise put them on in the movie Risky Business
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    14 Dec '15 00:58
    Lotta sheep out there. 🙂
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Dec '15 02:57
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    For those of us in the USA, who is this "commercial star"?
    once:::
    http://www.novosti.rs/upload/images/2013//02/14n/kul-mica-orlovic.jpg
    recently:::
    http://www.novosti.rs/upload/images/2013//11/01/spek-mlakar-MALA.jpg
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Dec '15 16:50
    Originally posted by FMF
    A 'brand' can sometimes continue to flourish even if a key element is lost. When "Diane" left the TV series 'Cheers' after season 5 ~ with the show at the height of its popularity, and Shelley Long's performance an integral ingredient in that success ~ one could have been forgiven for thinking the show might as well have called it a day. And yet, the sitcom's ro ...[text shortened]... cter, played by Kirstie Alley, and the show blazed on just as brilliantly for another 6 seasons.
    Charlie's Angels survived the loss of Farrah Fawcett. Dr. Who has survived the loss of I forget how many Dr. Who actors (by means of a literary device peculiar to Dr. Who).

The Stones survived the loss of Brian Jones, but Led Zep did not survive the loss of John Bonham. The Doors put out one decent album after Jim Morrison's death setting new music to some of his pre-recorded poems -- but rest of the Door's output was forgettable.

There's just no telling which ones will carry on and which ones will falter.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 00:11
    Originally posted by coquette
    well, today's Parade magazine noted that the sale of Oakley (i think that was the brand) went up 2000% when tom cruise put them on in the movie Risky Business
    http://www.sunglassesid.com/sightings/ray-ban-wayfarer-tom-cruise-risky-business
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '15 01:56
    Originally posted by moonbus
    The Stones survived the loss of Brian Jones, but Led Zep did not survive the loss of John Bonham. The Doors put out one decent album after Jim Morrison's death setting new music to some of his pre-recorded poems -- but rest of the Door's output was forgettable.
    Genesis became far more successful after Peter Gabriel left although didn't last long after Ray Wilson replaced Phil Collins. The Grateful Dead was originally Pig Pen's band but they became much bigger after he died.

The Doors' 'American Prayer' has always been a favourite of mine ~ it seemed to make ah... hum... er...dust-under-the-fingernail sense to me. But I get the impression it got slammed in THIS universe by the critics, including fans of The Doors, no?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree