1. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    14 Dec '19 16:47
    One day someone here will be the last person to make a post on one of these pages, what will that signify I wonder.

These forums we frequent, and others like them across the vast expanse of cyber space, have existed in some form or another for millennia.

In about a million years from now the RHP forums will have crawled up to where the Krell forums once stood. Imagine it...forums without the need moderation, self editing and auto-correcting without error.

You should see them even now. Magnificent they still stand, beamed across the Antrian solar wind. I believe that about a year ago a major overall was commissioned automatically and carried out at the subatomic level without so much as a blip on the ‘reply’ superhighway.

My beloved Krell, if only they had known.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    15 Dec '19 16:24
    @velns said
    One day someone here will be the last person to make a post on one of these pages, what will that signify I wonder.

These forums we frequent, and others like them across the vast expanse of cyber space, have existed in some form or another for millennia.

In about a million years from now the RHP forums will have crawled up to where the Krell forums once stood. Imagine it ...[text shortened]... without so much as a blip on the ‘reply’ superhighway.

My beloved Krell, if only they had known.
    Dr. Morbius
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    16 Dec '19 15:49
    @Velns

Yes, and the Krell destroyed themselves in one night of delusional frenzy, thinking themselves gods. They never even knew what killed them.
  4. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    16 Dec '19 21:051 edit
    @ponderable said
    Dr. Morbius
    “Guilty! Guilty! My evil forum self is at that door, and I have no power to stop it!”
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    17 Dec '19 13:56
    @Velns

Robbie's not here anymore to kill it, either.
  6. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    18 Dec '19 01:411 edit
    @moonbus said
    @Velns

Yes, and the Krell destroyed themselves in one night of delusional frenzy, thinking themselves gods. They never even knew what killed them.
    “Even for a god, there's a point of no return. Hera was first.
    She stood in front of the temple and spread herself upon the wind, thinner and thinner, until only the wind remained.
    But I knew you would come.
    You striving, bickering, foolishly brave posters.
    I knew you would come to the stars one day.
    Of all the gods, I knew and I waited, waited for you to come and sit by my side.”
  7. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Dec '19 15:46
    @Velns

Sorry, Apollo. We’ve outgrown you.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Dec '19 18:04
    @moonbus
    not under THAT name anyway😉
  9. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Dec '19 11:051 edit
    @moonbus said
    @Velns

Robbie's not here anymore to kill it, either.
    I think it is in Santa Fé in George Martin's Cinema?
  10. Standard memberVelns
    Latvian Trickster
    Krell lab
    Moves
    03 Jan '20 09:35
    Prepare your minds for a new scale of physical scientific values gentlemen...

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree