1. Joined
    17 Aug '08
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 07:52
    i recently regained the internet, after three years . thought to play a quick game, but nobody is their. What happenned?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 09:01
    Blitz site's been neglected while lots has been happening on the main site. Russ has promised to do some serious work on it as soon as the server relocation project is finished. Maybe try again in a year or so? 🙂
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 10:071 edit
    Originally posted by daspreussische
    i recently regained the internet, after three years . thought to play a quick game, but nobody is their. What happenned?
    Because FICS is so much better?

I do look forward to any improvement in rhp blitz, though.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 10:241 edit
    Currently we use Flash, something I've never particularly liked, but I've prototyped the replacement which drops Flash and will use the same board as the cc site, and should therefore work fine over all iDevices (iPads in particular)

edit : And yes, all my attention is on work related to the server changes right now.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 15:011 edit
    Because this is a correspondence chess site?

Maybe we like being able to play many games over a longer period of time instead of just a few in a few minutes.

If you want instant gratification, you can always play Yahoo! Chess. That is, if you don't mind them dropping out mysteriously when you're close to winning.
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 22:10
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Because this is a correspondence chess site?

Maybe we like being able to play many games over a longer period of time instead of just a few in a few minutes.

If you want instant gratification, you can always play Yahoo! Chess. That is, if you don't mind them dropping out mysteriously when you're close to winning.
    Very helpful
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '13 23:07
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Very helpful
    Thank you! I do try to do my part. 😀
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Sep '13 03:03
    *coughs. Arsenal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree