1. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 21:101 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    So much has changed.

Hi, cash.... how nice that you're back. I'd be interested in your impressions of what has changed the most.
    Hi Grampy. Thanks happy to be back.

My beard is much greyer now. Big change.

Many of the people that once were are no longer here. Big change.

I don't know many of the new guys here yet but they still have been on this site for a while. Big change.

The general forum is not quite as active. Big change.

There is a change in a few of the site functions as I recall. Not to big but somewhat.

Chess seems a lot harder for me now. Big change.

Where the heck is Phlabaybut? Big change.

I am sure there is a lot more big changes but lets chew on those for a moment.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '14 23:212 edits
    Hi Grampy. Thanks happy to be back.

My beard is much greyer now. Big change.

Many of the people that once were are no longer here. Big change.

I don't know many of the new guys here yet but they still have been on this site for a while. Big change.

The general forum is not quite as active. Big change.

There is a change in a few of the ...[text shortened]... t? Big change.

I am sure there is a lot more big changes but lets chew on those for a moment.
    Hmm.... sir cashfortrash the distinguished grey bearded man. lol catfooftim User 103576 and hopscotch User 80987 have made cameo appearance in recent months. The General Forum has undergone a gradual transformation since late 2012. Site's server upgrade and relocation from Virginia to Texas during 2013 has been well received. Site Announcements should provide you with a few details from Russ. Reason for Phlabibit's unexplained sudden disappearance is still a mystery to me. Highly ranked Dan Triola passed away suddenly late 2013. His daughter graciously posted a few details under his nickname.
  3. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    04 Apr '14 00:23
    Hmm.... sir cashfortrash the distinguished grey bearded man. lol catfooftim User 103576 and hopscotch User 80987 have made cameo appearance in recent months. The General Forum has undergone a gradual transformation since late 2012. Site's server upgrade and relocation from Virginia to Texas during 2013 has been well received. Site Announceme ...[text shortened]... passed away suddenly late 2013. His daughter graciously posted a few details under his nickname.
    This almost deserves it's own thread.

Thanks Bobby for helping to fill me in on some of the changes. Being that I am from Texas I like the idea of the servers being so close. 🙂

I will check out the site announcements. I always did like and respect Russ for what he and his team has done to build this site among other things. True story. Nothing changed there.

I didn't realize CFT and the hopper was also MIA.

I need to look around a little closer. For anything else please PM me. I don't want to clog the forums with Nostalgia. 🙂 Well maybe a new thread on that would be nice.

RIP Dan Triola.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Apr '14 00:38

Thanks Bobby for helping to fill me in on some of the changes. Being that I am from Texas I like the idea of the servers being so close. 🙂

I will check out the site announcements. I always did like and respect Russ for what he and his team has done to build this site among other things. True story. Nothing c ...[text shortened]... the forums with Nostalgia. 🙂 Well maybe a new thread on that would be nice.

RIP Dan Triola.
    You're welcome. Ponderable would be able to provide links to informative RHP Heirloom type threads.

"Being that I am from Texas I like the idea of the servers being so close." Thread 154378
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    04 Apr '14 01:13

I will check out the site announcements. I always did like and respect Russ for what he and his team has done to build this site among other things. True story. Nothing c ...[text shortened]... the forums with Nostalgia. 🙂 Well maybe a new thread on that would be nice.

RIP Dan Triola.
    Your pal Red Night pops in every now and then to tell us how miserable we are and how terrible
    the site is. Then he slinks away and everything gets better again. He's like a chronic toothache.
  6. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    04 Apr '14 17:58
    Originally posted by HandyAndy
    Your pal Red Night pops in every now and then to tell us how miserable we are and how terrible
    the site is. Then he slinks away and everything gets better again. He's like a chronic toothache.
    He was/is the best at stirring things up no doubt about it. Some would say he was more like a sweet tooth that decayed and fell out. I for one just saw him as having good natured fun. Of course we were like brothers who didn't always agree but had each others back when no else did. Which in the day was almost always. Having said that trolling and conflict is no longer going to be a pattern coming from me. I love you all equally or not at all. And for the record I always did like this site and the majority of the people here... especially the silent majority.
  7. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    04 Apr '14 18:02
    What stinks in here?
  8. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    04 Apr '14 18:07
    Originally posted by darvlay
    What stinks in here?
    I don't know. Your upper lip maybe. Just kidding I love you darvlay.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    04 Apr '14 20:121 edit
    He was/is the best at stirring things up no doubt about it. Some would say he was more like a sweet tooth that decayed and fell out. I for one just saw him as having good natured fun. Of course we were like brothers who didn't always agree but had each others back when no else did. Which in the day was almost always. Having said that trolling and confli ...[text shortened]... always did like this site and the majority of the people here... especially the silent majority.
    "I love you all equally or not at all." -cash... my sentiments as well toward acquaintances, trusted friends and frienemies.

Including the Sweet Cheeks who delivered an immediate first Thumbs Down......................................................... [0] [1]

lol
  10. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    05 Apr '14 00:06
    "I love you all equally or not at all." -cash... my sentiments as well toward acquaintances, trusted friends and frienemies.

Including the Sweet Cheeks who delivered an immediate first Thumbs Down......................................................... [0] [1]

lol
    Don't take it seriously Bobby it's just a forum. You are free to love your neighbor.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Apr '14 00:08
    Don't take it seriously Bobby it's just a forum. You are free to love your neighbor.
    You know, cash, it's really a sign of readership. 'Love me or hate me but don't ignore me' is still native to the human grain.
  12. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Apr '14 13:19
    You know, cash, it's really a sign of readership. 'Love me or hate me but don't ignore me' is still native to the human grain.
    Why do you assume that they read past your user name?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Apr '14 13:571 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Why do you assume that they read past your user name?
    ..... some out of curiosity and others for confirmation of the real or imagined reasons why they ____ __ ____.
  14. Standard memberhuckleberryhound
    Devout Agnostic.
    DZ-015
    Moves
    05 Apr '14 15:04
    Anyhoo. If you fancy a game, send it over. Try to keep it 3/7 or above...I don't play so often these days.
  15. This is embarrasking
    Moves
    05 Apr '14 17:08
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    Anyhoo. If you fancy a game, send it over. Try to keep it 3/7 or above...I don't play so often these days.
    sent

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree