General Forum

General Forum

  1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11441
    04 Feb '15 07:54
    In Amsterdam they give you an hour free then you have to pay, you would think with airport tax they could afford to give you free wifi.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    561703
    04 Feb '15 10:54
    Originally posted by Trev33
    In Amsterdam they give you an hour free then you have to pay, you would think with airport tax they could afford to give you free wifi.
    If they can make a business out of it...

    I dont use WiFi at the airport ๐Ÿ™‚
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    11441
    04 Feb '15 11:10
    I've actually only used it once, in Amsterdam during a 15 hour over night layover (won't be doing that again) when I actually had my laptop.

    They make enough business in an airport without charging for something which is free in very other public place.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    561703
    04 Feb '15 11:16
    Originally posted by Trev33
    I've actually only used it once, in Amsterdam during a 15 hour over night layover (won't be doing that again) when I actually had my laptop.

    They make enough business in an airport without charging for something which is free in very other public place.
    The point is not how much business they already have, but the "eternal growth"...it will be the death of capitalism one, just obody knwos when or what to put against it (Some models already failed, and some weher destroyed)
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Joined
    31 May '12
    Moves
    4288
    04 Feb '15 14:43
    Originally posted by Trev33
    In Amsterdam they give you an hour free then you have to pay, you would think with airport tax they could afford to give you free wifi.
    There is no technical reason why they couldn't offer WiFi for longer periods. I suppose they figured that most people are passing through the airport, not staying longer than an hour.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52923
    04 Feb '15 19:14
    Originally posted by moonbus
    There is no technical reason why they couldn't offer WiFi for longer periods. I suppose they figured that most people are passing through the airport, not staying longer than an hour.
    If so, they don't know modern airports very well, eh.
  7. Dublin Ireland
    Joined
    31 Oct '12
    Moves
    14235
    04 Feb '15 19:30
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If so, they don't know modern airports very well, eh.
    In my local bar you can get free WiFi.
    It says so on the bar menu and the food menu.
    The password is also written on there for all to use.
  8. Joined
    11 Oct '12
    Moves
    61662
    04 Feb '15 21:01
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    In my local bar you can get free WiFi.
    It says so on the bar menu and the food menu.
    The password is also written on there for all to use.
    There is free WiFi on one of our local buses.
  9. In your face
    Joined
    21 Aug '04
    Moves
    55993
    05 Feb '15 00:09
    Originally posted by Trev33
    In Amsterdam they give you an hour free then you have to pay, you would think with airport tax they could afford to give you free wifi.
    Why is wifi not free at all airports?

    Nothing is ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    surviving
    Covid-19
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    48729
    05 Feb '15 08:06
    Originally posted by Trev33
    In Amsterdam they give you an hour free then you have to pay, you would think with airport tax they could afford to give you free wifi.
    In Amsterdam you would think with airport tax they could afford to give you free beer!
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    8830
    05 Feb '15 12:37
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    In Amsterdam you would think with airport tax they could afford to give you free beer!
    Limeys passing through Schiphol are generally drunk enough already.
Back to Top