Why is wifi not free at all airports?

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
04 Feb 15

In Amsterdam they give you an hour free then you have to pay, you would think with airport tax they could afford to give you free wifi.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
04 Feb 15

Originally posted by Trev33
In Amsterdam they give you an hour free then you have to pay, you would think with airport tax they could afford to give you free wifi.
If they can make a business out of it...

I dont use WiFi at the airport ๐Ÿ™‚

Moves
04 Feb 15

I've actually only used it once, in Amsterdam during a 15 hour over night layover (won't be doing that again) when I actually had my laptop.

They make enough business in an airport without charging for something which is free in very other public place.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
04 Feb 15

I've actually only used it once, in Amsterdam during a 15 hour over night layover (won't be doing that again) when I actually had my laptop.

They make enough business in an airport without charging for something which is free in very other public place.
The point is not how much business they already have, but the "eternal growth"...it will be the death of capitalism one, just obody knwos when or what to put against it (Some models already failed, and some weher destroyed)

รœber-Nerd

Moves
04 Feb 15

There is no technical reason why they couldn't offer WiFi for longer periods. I suppose they figured that most people are passing through the airport, not staying longer than an hour.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
04 Feb 15

Originally posted by moonbus
There is no technical reason why they couldn't offer WiFi for longer periods. I suppose they figured that most people are passing through the airport, not staying longer than an hour.
If so, they don't know modern airports very well, eh.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
04 Feb 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
If so, they don't know modern airports very well, eh.
In my local bar you can get free WiFi.
It says so on the bar menu and the food menu.
The password is also written on there for all to use.

Moves
04 Feb 15

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
In my local bar you can get free WiFi.
It says so on the bar menu and the food menu.
The password is also written on there for all to use.
There is free WiFi on one of our local buses.

In your face

Moves
05 Feb 15

Nothing is ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
05 Feb 15

In Amsterdam you would think with airport tax they could afford to give you free beer!

Moves
05 Feb 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
In Amsterdam you would think with airport tax they could afford to give you free beer!
Limeys passing through Schiphol are generally drunk enough already.