1. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 01:44
    This weekend, poor little Rhode Island was pummeled by 25 inches of wind-driven snow and buried under four-foot drifts.

What did we do to deserve it?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 02:06
    Originally posted by HandyAndy

This weekend, poor little Rhode Island was pummeled by 25 inches of wind-driven snow and buried under four-foot drifts.

"Deserve" may be less of a question than "Why didn't Rhode Island's Governor respond the afternoon before (following the lead of Massachusetts)". According to the media, its state and community crews were in high gear as early as 4:00 PM. The following photo coverage is incredibly graphic:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275419/Winter-storm-Nemo-Deadly-blizzard-dumps-feet-snow-East-Coast-trapping-drivers-seven-dead.html#aommunitycxzz2KYGBbUCL
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 02:09

Hang tight, keep warm and hydrated. 🙁
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 02:14

It's obvious. You went for Obama.
  5. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 02:29
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Deserve" may be less of a question than "Why didn't Rhode Island's Governor respond the afternoon before (following the lead of Massachusetts)". According to the media, its state and community crews were in high gear as early as 4:00 PM. The following photo coverage is incredibly graphic:

[b]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2275419/Winter-sto ...[text shortened]... -dumps-feet-snow-East-Coast-trapping-drivers-seven-dead.html#aommunitycxzz2KYGBbUCL

.[/b]
    State and local storm crews in Rhode Island were in "high gear" Thursday afternoon,
    along with those in our sister states. What evidence do you have that they were not?
  6. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 02:32
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Hang tight, keep warm and hydrated. 🙁
    Thanks. By hydrated, do you mean Scotch and water?
  7. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 02:34
    Originally posted by JS357
    It's obvious. You went for Obama.
    It was worth it.
  8. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 02:441 edit
    Thanks. By hydrated, do you mean Scotch and water?
    One Bourbon, one Scotch and one beer.
    YouTube
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 02:55
    State and local storm crews in Rhode Island were in "high gear" Thursday afternoon,
    along with those in our sister states. What evidence do you have that they were not?
    If so, media coverage or my recall was erroneous. Having stayed for four days at the Parker House in Boston during the '78 Blizzard, while my family bore the brunt an hour's train ride away, I'm well aware of the many hardships suffered in the suburbs. Did your community lose power?
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    11 Feb '13 03:15
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    If so, media coverage or my recall was erroneous. Having stayed for four days at the Parker House in Boston during the '78 Blizzard, while my family bore the brunt an hour's train ride away, I'm well aware of the many hardships suffered in the suburbs. Did your community lose power?
    My city had scattered outages, but several other places were hit harder. Power has been
    restored in most homes tonight. As bad as it was, Nemo was pale by comparison with '78.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree