1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 00:092 edits
    A contraction of "The internet of things' where your car battery connects to the internet and gives you messages saying how much life is left, or your stove telling you you left me hot and running, you assshole🙂

Everything connected to the net in ten years, your cigarette lighter saying, hey idiot, it's time to refill my fluid.....

https://www.hpematter.com/issue-no-4-spring-2015/content-barons-smart-dust-skynet-6-telecommunications-disruptions-2020?jumpid=sc_319nupcwqy

Not sure the date of this publication. It does say predictions for the next 5 years so it is a 2015 article but January or December, not sure.
  2. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 00:33
    Oh there's an expression for that already: Skynet Will Rule the Lazy Humans.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 00:50
    Originally posted by Seitse
    I gather you did not read the article.
  4. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 01:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I gather you did not read the article.
    I can't read.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 01:341 edit
    A contraction of "The internet of things' where your car battery connects to the internet and gives you messages saying how much life is left, or your stove telling you you left me hot and running, you assshole🙂

Everything connected to the net in ten years, your cigarette lighter saying, hey idiot, it's time to refill my fluid.....

https://www.hpemat ...[text shortened]... say predictions for the next 5 years so it is a 2015 article but January or December, not sure.
    sonhouse, reading all the way down to the bottom of this fascinating article confirms your estimate of the year "2015":

"© Copyright 2015 Hewlett Packard Enterprise Development LP"

https://www.hpematter.com/issue-no-4-spring-2015/content-barons-smart-dust-skynet-6-telecommunications-disruptions-2020?jumpid=sc_319nupcwqy
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 01:37
    "Content Barons, Smart Dust & SkyNet: 6 Telecommunications Disruptions for 2020

Future Tech By Christopher Surdak, Chief Field Technologist and HPE Big Data Platform Business"

7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 01:453 edits
    Please try to avoid addressing or quoting me in these forums, Bob

I shall reciprocate the gesture in kind.
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 01:59
    Please try to avoid addressing or quoting me in these forums, Bob

I shall reciprocate the gesture in kind.
    "Oh there's an expression for that already: Skynet Will Rule the Lazy Humans." ~Seitse

Author or website attribution? Contributing to the Red Hot Pawn General Forum is a privilege extended to all site members who are in good standing.
  9. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 09:16
    A

Not sure the date of this publication. It does say predictions for the next 5 years so it is a 2015 article but January or December, not sure.
    It says in the link issue 4, spring, so we cvan date it quite precisely...

I don't think that small appliance will get their own internet connection. It would just be too much fuss in terms of administartion. Who would bother to announce the battery to their individual environment? People at one point will be fed up with the sheer amount of information they coulkd get. And to be honest today's potential is far from being used...
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 12:09
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Oh there's an expression for that already: Skynet Will Rule the Lazy Humans." ~Seitse

Author or website attribution? Contributing to the Red Hot Pawn General Forum is a privilege extended to all site members who are in good standing.
    I'm not going to ask kindly again. Last chance.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 15:27
    I'm not going to ask kindly again. Last chance.
    So next will come pejoratives? Typing in all caps?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    26 Dec '15 15:321 edit
    So next will come pejoratives? Typing in all caps?
    It's unfortunate that some posts to threads in this forum totally ignore the topic format designated by the thread creator's original post.
  13. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    13 Jan '16 17:41
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    It's unfortunate that some posts to threads in this forum totally ignore the topic format designated by the thread creator's original post.
    ...and this post had what relevance regarding the original Topic of "thingification"?

In fact I still think that it won't really become so ubiquitious, since a lot of human Input has still to be done and some may be advert and some just too lazy...
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 15:50
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    ...and this post had what relevance regarding the original Topic of "thingification"?

In fact I still think that it won't really become so ubiquitious, since a lot of human Input has still to be done and some may be advert and some just too lazy...
    Can you imagine, in the future when everything is thingafied, you make toast, your toaster tries to sell you a Subaru. Your dishwasher tries to sell you dishwasher soap, 'shipping free', arrives in 2 days. BUT WAIT......
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Jan '16 15:53
    Can you imagine, in the future when everything is thingafied, you make toast, your toaster tries to sell you a Subaru. Your dishwasher tries to sell you dishwasher soap, 'shipping free', arrives in 2 days. BUT WAIT......
    It's when your dishwasher tries to sell you crack you really need to worry.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree