1. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 13:13
    @great-big-stees said
    Were you BLINDsided?
    Actually it splashed up when a buddy thought it would be funny to bump my arm. I got a pretty good mouthfull of it as I was bent over pouring it.... He passed a few years ago but I always think of that time, and it makes me smile now. I wasn't so happy about it at the time. 😉

-VR
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 13:251 edit
    This isnt the worst drink I ever tasted but it was funny, my brother was at art school and used to bring his work home, so we had oil paints turps etc, well one morning he was working away mixing his paint and cleaning his brushes in the turpentine (not beeing that well off he had it in a tea cup) after a while the turps had taken on the look of milky tea so in walks my mam (thats geordie for mother) well she hates to waste anything so she took a big swig of the turpentine tea before we had chance to stop her , needless to say that was one habit that she stopped straight away alas she spent a few hours in the lav(thats geordie for the ladies room).
  3. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 13:341 edit
    @badradger said
    This isnt the worst drink I ever tasted but it was funny, my brother was at art school and used to bring his work home, so we had oil paints turps etc, well one morning he was working away mixing his paint and cleaning his brushes in the turpentine (not beeing that well off he had it in a tea cup) after a while the turps had taken on the look of milky tea so in walks my ma ...[text shortened]... she stopped straight away alas she spent a few hours in the lav(thats geordie for the ladies room).
    On a similar note. I was about 10 years old and was over at a friends house playing outside. It was hot and I got thirsty so I went into his house to find something to quench my thirst. I headed for the kitchen sink to get some water when I spotted, what looked like ginger ale in a glass. Thinking it's be better than tap water I gulped it down. Turn out to be bleach. I ran home and as I was approaching our back door my 3 year old sister locked it and stood there laughing as I gestured to open it. She continued to laugh so I put my hand through the glass, which alerted my mother who asked what the problem was. I explained and she took me to the hospital where I had my stomach "pumped". I have since then, not cared for the smell of bleach.
  4. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 13:40
    @great-big-stees said
    On a similar note. I was about 10 years old and was over at a friends house playing outside. It was hot and I got thirsty so I went into his house to find something to quench my thirst. I headed for the kitchen sink to get some water when I spotted, what looked like ginger ale in a glass. Thinking it's be better than tap water I gulped it down. Turn out to be bleach. ...[text shortened]... the hospital where I had my stomach "pumped". I have since then, not cared for the smell of bleach.
    After that story maybe my Canadian Tire window wash wasn't the worst drink! 😉

-VR
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 13:52
    @great-big-stees said
    On a similar note. I was about 10 years old and was over at a friends house playing outside. It was hot and I got thirsty so I went into his house to find something to quench my thirst. I headed for the kitchen sink to get some water when I spotted, what looked like ginger ale in a glass. Thinking it's be better than tap water I gulped it down. Turn out to be bleach. ...[text shortened]... the hospital where I had my stomach "pumped". I have since then, not cared for the smell of bleach.
    man you were lucky.
  6. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 13:58
    @badradger said
    man you were lucky.
    Indeed I was. We found out at the hospital, had I thrown up there could have been irreparable damage done to my throat.
  7. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 14:11
    @great-big-stees said
    Indeed I was. We found out at the hospital, had I thrown up there could have been irreparable damage done to my throat.
    My question would be did it affect your brain any?

-VR
  8. Joined
    14 Mar '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 14:14
    @very-rusty said
    My question would be did it affect your brain any?

-VR
    They continue to study that. They are saying that in some weird way it may have made me smarter. I have never had another drink of bleach.
  9. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 14:17
    @great-big-stees said
    They continue to study that. They are saying that in some weird way it may have made me smarter. I have never had another drink of bleach.
    Made you smarter? Amazing, who did the study?

-VR
  10. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '20 20:36
    @great-big-stees said
    Were you BLINDsided?
    Nah... that would've been Austrian sweet white in the 1980s.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree