1. Joined
    06 Jul '12
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 20:56
    We Need to Know We Matter
    unattributed

We need to know that we matter in this life. We need evidence that others are aware of our presence. And thus, we can be certain that others need the same attention from us. When we give it, we get it. So the giving of attention to another searching soul meets our own need for attention as well.
    Respectful recognition of another's presence blesses him or her, ourselves, and God. And we help one another grow, in important ways, each time we pay the compliment of acknowledgement.

We're not sure, on occasion, just what we have to offer our friends, families, and co-workers. Why we are in certain circumstances may have us baffled, but it's quite probably that the people we associate with regularly need something we can give them; the reverse is just as likely. So we can begin with close attention to people in our path. It takes careful listening and close observation to sense the message another soul may be sending to our own.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 22:23
    You could at least give the web address!

http://www.curiositiesbydickens.com/28503/
  3. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 23:052 edits
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    You could at least give the web address!

http://www.curiositiesbydickens.com/28503/
    Lloyd is like that relative that's always forwarding email. I don't think I have seen a post of his that wasn't a copy/paste.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    15 Oct '13 23:141 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Lloyd is like that relative that's always forwarding email. I don't think I have seen a post of his that wasn't a copy/paste.
    RedHotmailPawn.com 😕
    FWD:FWD:fwd:fwd...
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 00:20
    x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 02:25
    Originally posted by Lloyd E Adkins
    We Need to Know We Matter
    unattributed

We need to know that we matter in this life. We need evidence that others are aware of our presence. And thus, we can be certain that others need the same attention from us. When we give it, we get it. So the giving of attention to another searching soul meets our own need for attention as well.
    Respectf ...[text shortened]... ful listening and close observation to sense the message another soul may be sending to our own.
    "It takes careful listening and close observation to sense the message another soul may be sending to our own."

Makes sense.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Oct '13 06:34
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Lloyd isn't a person, he's a server.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 01:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Lloyd isn't a person, he's a server.
    Man, tough crowd.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Oct '13 08:31
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Man, tough crowd.
    All the world's a stage...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree