1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 01:36
    [1] Who here can imitate - in an undetectable way - their spouse or partner's signature?

[2] Has anyone ever signed an official document "on behalf" (so to speak) of their partner using the skill mentioned in [1] above?

[3] When and how did your own signature originate, develop, or change over time (if it ever did)?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 03:022 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    [1] Who here can imitate - in an undetectable way - their spouse or partner's signature?

[2] Has anyone ever signed an official document "on behalf" (so to speak) of their partner using the skill mentioned in [1] above?

[3] When and how did your own signature originate, develop, or change over time (if it ever did)?
    Used to be able to duplicate, and regularly did, my late husband's signature on legal documents - always with his knowledge, of course!

Females change their names on average more often than males, so we get opportunities to change our signatures. My first was a flowery copperplate first-middleinitial-surname and I was tired of that by the time I married, which then became a bare-minimum initial-surname cursive scrawl. Then I married and acquired two identical initials, which meant a radical change to a backhanded squiggle which I still have.
    There was a time when I signed paycheques, some to myself. Since I got the job before the husband, the cheque signature was completely different from the recipient endorsement. Used to occasionally cause some grief at the bank when I forgot which hat I was wearing!
  3. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 06:53
    Originally posted by FMF

I am the better half. What now?
  4. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 06:53
    I've never sighed on behalf of my partner. My signature has changed the most in the past 7 years along with my handwriting which has deteriorated to the point that even I sometimes can't read it myself. I have to sign things a few times a day and dislike doing this. It's like I am watching someone else's hand holding the pen and I'm unsure what the signature is going to turn out like? My hand/brain also seems to miss out letters and even rotate them such as placing a 3 where there should be an M. It's a lot more controlled if I print as I've lost the coordination to write spontaneously.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 12:18
    Originally posted by kquinn909
    I am the better half. What now?
    Get you other half to sign off on that. Or perhaps just do it yourself on their behalf.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 18:24
    Originally posted by FMF

Never mind reading my signature, what's left of it. People can't even pronounce my last name even though it sounds just like it is spelled.
  7. Standard memberLEUR
    TEXAS
    STATE OF THE HEART
    Moves
    17 Nov '16 23:21
    Originally posted by FMF

I thought I was good at it...until I was convicted.
  8. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    18 Nov '16 21:241 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Get you other half to sign off on that. Or perhaps just do it yourself on their behalf.
    Already got rid of the last half. Or was she the second quarter half? Either way she, (the last quarter) used my JH and it cost A LOT of money.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree