1. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 20:17
    Mine is Hannibal Lecter. I like the expressiveness of his face and the cold, all knowing look in his eyes. I have watched the film Hannibal more than 30 times.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 20:211 edit
    I would nominate 'the pale man' in 'Pan's Labyrinth'. It is an excellent fantasy film and he is, well, just scary!

You say 'Hannibal' lots of times. Is that the 2nd one with Gary Oldman playing his badly disfigured enemy?
  3. SubscriberDrewnogal
    Constant Gardener
    The Plot
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 20:26
    Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
    I would nominate 'the pale man' in 'Pan's Labyrinth'. It is an excellent fantasy film and he is, well, just scary!

You say 'Hannibal' lots of times. Is that the 2nd one with Gary Oldman playing his badly disfigured enemy?
    I've only ever see him played by Anthony Hopkins though plan to watch the series on Netflix soon. I've heard it's very good.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 20:31
    I think you misunderstand me.

In the first Anthony Hopkins film (Silence Of The Lambs), he co stars with Jodie Foster

In the 2nd, Hannibal, his enemy is mainly played by Gary Oldman

There IS an excellent earlier film (manhunter) with Brian Cox as Lecter. Excellent portrayal, but the Hopkins one is best known
  5. Joined
    28 May '14
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 20:42
    Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
    I think you misunderstand me.

In the first Anthony Hopkins film (Silence Of The Lambs), he co stars with Jodie Foster

In the 2nd, Hannibal, his enemy is mainly played by Gary Oldman

There IS an excellent earlier film (manhunter) with Brian Cox as Lecter. Excellent portrayal, but the Hopkins one is best known
    The second one, Hannibal, is my favourite though most peole seem to prefer the Silence of the Lambs?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 20:53
    Originally posted by drewnogal
    Mine is Hannibal Lecter. I like the expressiveness of his face and the cold, all knowing look in his eyes. I have watched the film Hannibal more than 30 times.
    Good thread. For me it's Sadako Yamamura from the Ring movies.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 21:06
    Freddy Krueger. Pure evil. Takes great pleasure in murdering innocent teens. Most evil villains such as Dracula, Jason Voorhees and Michael Myers have sad backstories that try and make you have some understanding for why they are the way they are. Not Krueger. He just murders you viciously and then cracks a joke over your bleeding corpse. And he does it all in your dreams, where you have no control whatsoever.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 21:06
    I also like whole concept of Hannibal from Ridley Scott´s movie. (Joddie Foster from "Lambs..." look like high school cheer leaders from sixties compared to poltically correct overtrained Julianne Moore.)

Hannibal is in this movie transformed in a goodhearted ghost from Alladin¨s lamp, he kills only bad guys because the sclerotic PC system fails to punish all of them.

I think that idea of "personal Hannibal" was the man reason for the box office success of this picture and also for continuing DVD sale to our days.

I imagine how I call him, "Uncle Hannie, some jerks are givin me bad time, please makea stew of them!"
    "Who are they", asks Hannibal wth perfect Katrine-Hapburnsk accentuation.

"Well, some stalkers are giving me thumbs down on RHP forum. Would you cut their fingers off, please please please, a and make a barbeque skew of them?"

"Okidoki!", says Hannibal.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 21:131 edit
    Otherwise, as a film freak, I must mention (abominable) Dr. Phibes from the sixties:::::
    YouTube
  10. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 22:13
    Hand of Hecate then Xanthos and then Skeeter.

You noobs have no idea.
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 22:35
    Martin Vanger, Girl w/the Dragon Tattoo.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 23:48
    Dick Dastardly
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Nov '16 23:50
    Also: "Uncle Charlie", from Hitchcock's Shadow of a Doubt.
  14. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 00:05
    I thought Kevin Spacey's character in the film Seven was creepy
    loved it
    "what's in the box?"
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Nov '16 00:44
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    Freddy Krueger. ... He just murders you viciously and then cracks a joke over your bleeding corpse. And he does it all in your dreams, where you have no control whatsoever.
    I haven't seen the movies, though I've heard lots about them. I wonder how he'd fare against an oneironaut.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree