1. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Mar '16 11:54
    Can be your birthplace, where you've settled, or somewhere you've lived at some point.

My current home town is Bishop's Stortford, in the East of England..

I like the easy rail links to London and Cambridge, the Rhodes Arts Complex (in the house of Cecil Rhodes, the controversial British imperialist) and the relatively cosmopolitan (for the area) character of the town due mainly to the close proximity of London Stansted Airport. I also like to walk around some of the areas of the town with more expensive houses and admire the architecture or gardens. Finally, it's close to Hatfield Forest an ancient Royal Hunting forest where I have occasionally volunteered on the lake crayfish project.

http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/hatfield-forest
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Mar '16 12:51
    Born in San Diego. Currently, and for good settled in west central Wisconsin just south of Eau Claire in a rural setting surrounded by miles of field and forest. Home at last.

For forty years I crisscrossed this county so many times flying, driving and hitchhiking I lost count back in the 70's. Lived and worked in the four corners and places in between. Last time I counted I had attended 14-16 schools while growing up. Many occupations. I've seen everything this country is today, but I missed much too. I think I have a slight case of multiple personality disorder. 😉

Only in the last twenty years have I learned what stability means.

I fear I may have over stepped the parameters of this thread. 😕
  3. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Mar '16 12:53
    Originally posted by josephw
    I fear I may have over stepped the parameters of this thread. 😕
    Don't worry, just tell us what you like about the Eau Claire surroundings.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Mar '16 13:331 edit
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Don't worry, just tell us what you like about the Eau Claire surroundings.
    The changing seasons. Access to the entire upper Midwest within hours. Opportunity. Infrastructure. Sports of every kind. Hundreds of miles of hiking and ATV trails. Lakes and rivers, of which there is unrestricted access. Higher standard of living. And my favorite, work. So much work to do. It's a great place to raise a family. Of all the places I've lived nowhere was I able to earn more materially. The resources available around here are virtually endless for anyone willing to work hard enough to earn it.

Hope that's what you're looking for. Hey, where's everyone else? 😉
  5. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    14 Mar '16 13:51
    Originally posted by josephw
    The changing seasons. Access to the entire upper Midwest within hours. Opportunity. Infrastructure. Sports of every kind. Hundreds of miles of hiking and ATV trails. Lakes and rivers, of which there is unrestricted access. Higher standard of living. And my favorite, work. So much work to do. It's a great place to raise a family. Of all the places I've lived ...[text shortened]... k hard enough to earn it.

Hope that's what you're looking for. Hey, where's everyone else? 😉
    Yes, that's exactly what I was after 🙂 . The Chippewa River looks spectacular and very peaceful. What do you do for work, and what are the main economic sectors/industries in the area?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree