1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 02:04
    Florida jury just pronounced Zimmerman not guilty of murdering Trevor Martin.
    Now the question is, will there be riots because the black community will certainly see this as a white boy whitewash.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 02:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Now the question is, will there be riots because the black community will certainly see this as a white boy whitewash.
    Prosecution Appeals?
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 02:49
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Prosecution Appeals?
    not likely
    Standard 21-1.4. Prosecution appeals

(a) The prosecution should be permitted to appeal in the following situations:

(i) from an order dismissing an indictment or information on substantive grounds, such as the unconstitutionality of the statute under which the charge was brought or the failure of the charging instrument to state an offense under the statute, provided that the order is not made after the defendant has been put in jeopardy and before the verdict or finding on the charging instrument;

(ii) from an order that terminates the prosecution on other grounds, such as an order upholding the defense of double jeopardy, autrefois convict, autrefois acquit, or denial of speedy trial, provided that the order is not made after the defendant has been put in jeopardy and before the verdict or finding on the charging instrument; and

(iii) from pretrial orders granting motions to suppress evidence or to have confessions declared inadmissible or to grant other relief where the effect is to seriously impede, although not to completely foreclose, continuation of the prosecution.

Such trial court decisions are likely to rest upon principles important to the administration of criminal justice that ought to be applied uniformly throughout the state.

(b) Where more than one level of appellate review exists, whenever an intermediate court has held in favor of a defendant-appellant, the prosecution should be permitted to seek further review in the highest court.

(c) Pending an appeal at the instance of the prosecution, special provision should be made as to the custody of the defendant. Where the trial court has dismissed the indictment on substantive grounds or the court has otherwise upheld a motion that terminates the prosecution, the defendant should be released on nominal bail or his or her recognizance until final decision on the appeal. In other cases, defendant should not be denied liberty pending determination of a prosecution appeal unless there is cogent evidence that the defendant will not abide by the judgment of the appellate court.
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 04:45
    Trayvon.

We even whitewash the name. 😲
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 05:281 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    not likely
    Standard 21-1.4. Prosecution appeals

(a) The prosecution should be permitted to appeal in the following situations:

(i) from an order dismissing an indictment or information on substantive grounds, such as the unconstitutionality of the statute under which the charge was brought or the failure of the charging instrument to state ...[text shortened]... ogent evidence that the defendant will not abide by the judgment of the appellate court.
    Thinking politically driven prosecution appeals (without regard to merit).
    Also, Zimmerman could bring civil litigation against that County in Florida.
    Whatever the post trial outcome, media will magnify it for another year.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 14:351 edit
    Thinking politically driven prosecution appeals (without regard to merit).
    Also, Zimmerman could bring civil litigation against that County in Florida.
    Whatever the post trial outcome, media will magnify it for another year.
    Well the TraYvon case is mostly going more or less peacefully. Spelling noted. Did that from memory, sorry about that, I usually take care to spel rite.

I think Zimmy should find a new place to live, like in Calgary or Thailand🙂 I have this funny feeling he won't find a hero's welcome back home in Florida.

What I also sincerely hope is he gives up his neighborhood watch thing. I just hope he doesn't now feel empowered, that he had god on his side or some such rot. It seems clear he was the aggressor in this case, stalking his victim who lashed out as best as he could before getting shot.
  7. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 17:573 edits
    Well the TraYvon case is mostly going more or less peacefully. Spelling noted. Did that from memory, sorry about that, I usually take care to spel rite.

I think Zimmy should find a new place to live, like in Calgary or Thailand🙂 I have this funny feeling he won't find a hero's welcome back home in Florida.

What I also sincerely hope is he gives up hi sor in this case, stalking his victim who lashed out as best as he could before getting shot.
    I believe following someone is legal. In my opinion, considering who were committing burglaries and terrorizing the neighborhood, I would expect, and hope, a neighborhood watch volunteer would follow anyone who matched their description so as he could give the police, who he called, their whereabouts.

Hindsight is always 20/20. Martin was not doing anything wrong by walking, but as soon as he lie-in-wait for Zimmerman, sucker-punched, then beat him, he then committed a felony. Zimmerman repeatedly screamed for help and no one came. It was only after that, and after it became obvious Martin was not going to stop the beating and that Zimmerman could not get away, did he resort to firing his gun once. To me, it became at that point a clear-cut case of self-defense.

The state nor Martin's supporters want to address the injuries on Zimmerman. They just want to act like Zimmerman just followed and killed out of malice, ill will, hate, etc. They even offered the completely absurd suggestion the injuries to Zimmerman were caused by a tree branch! They knew acknowledging the injuries would support the defense's claim of self-defense. The only injury to Martin were srapes on his knuckles. Does it really take a genius to see what happened?

They paint the picture of Zimmerman with 'hate' in his heart. That is just wrong. It was frustration, "They always get away" he said over the phone. He did it because he cared about his neighbor's safety, not because he hated blacks.

Tweets are now exploding everywhere threatening to kill Zimmerman, white people, 'crackas', and "Mexican burrito eating asses". That is profiling. They should be arrested like white kids who post about shooting up schools.
  8. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 18:04
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    I believe following someone is legal. In my opinion, considering who were committing burglaries and terrorizing the neighborhood, I would expect, and hope, a neighborhood watch volunteer would follow anyone who matched their description so as he could give the police, who he called, their whereabouts. Hindsight is always 20/20. Martin was not doing anyth ...[text shortened]... profiling. They should be arrested like white kids who post about shooting up schools.
    Here's a couple of questions.

1. Will he now have to move

and

2. Will his gun permit be revoked no matter what state he lives in?

I am not an American, this is why I am asking these questions
    particularly the second one. Will this man ever get to own a gun again?
  9. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 18:102 edits
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Here's a couple of questions.

1. Will he now have to move

and

2. Will his gun permit be revoked no matter what state he lives in?

I am not an American, this is why I am asking these questions
    particularly the second one. Will this man ever get to own a gun again?
    Good thing he had one that night. He would have suffered much more severe injuries, or even death.

I'm sure he will have to lie low for a long time. African-Americans want revenge for the killing of a young black man. Whether or not it was justified makes no difference to them whatsoever. They're even threatening other white people. Remember Reginald Denny?

I don't think he'll have his license revoked. Maybe he will. Had he had just followed and shot Martin in the back, absolutely. He'd be in prison.

The verdict sent a clear message. You have the right to defend yourself...and you may have to use that right if the threats against 'crackas' becomes real.
  10. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 18:21
    Originally posted by woodypusher
    Good thing he had one that night. He would have suffered much more severe injuries, or even death.

I'm sure he will have to lie low for a long time. African-Americans want revenge for the killing of a young black man. Whether or not it was justified makes no difference to them whatsoever. They're even threatening other white people. Remember Reginald ...[text shortened]... rself...and you may have to use that right if the threats against 'crackas' becomes real.
    Yes there are a lot of angry people out there because of this verdict.
    But I would hate to see it debased and fall into a race war.

We have had enough of White Vs. Black and all the other colours.

We are all one human race and I hope soon the world will realize that.

Black and White should come together and continue to build a better society.
  11. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 18:231 edit
    http://www.examiner.com/article/twitter-explodes-with-death-threats-against-george-zimmerman-white-people

“If Zimmerman get off ima kill him myself since no one wanna take care of his Mexican burrito eatin ass”

Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2013/07/teen-jailed-for-terrorism-speech-while-others-tweet-threats-freely/#ixzz2Z2seAu8N

Isn't this profiling? Isn't this racist? Isn't this terrorism?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 18:24

What I also sincerely hope is he gives up hi ...[text shortened]... sor in this case, stalking his victim who lashed out as best as he could before getting shot.
    Wasn't one of the six members of the all female jury a 'law enforcement' or security officer?
  13. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 18:28
    Wasn't one of the six members of the all female jury a 'law enforcement' or security officer?
    Ah haz no idea Boss.
  14. Standard memberwoodypusher
    misanthrope
    seclusion
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 18:40
    A lot has been made out of Zimmerman being a 'cop wannabe' and taking the law into his own hands by following Martin. They said he should've stayed in the car and let police handle it.

True. But didn't Martin take the law into his own hands as well by attacking Zimmerman? That is a felony. If Martin was so 'scared' that night would he have waited for then attacked Zimmerman? Or would he quickly get home to safety? And did Martin call the police to report the "creepy-ass cracker" following him? No. At least Zimmerman called. He never intended to shoot Martin. He had too. Let's be real here.

One other point. The screams for help heard ovwr the phone. Both parents testified it was their son. The difference is that Tracy Martin originally said it wasn't, then changed it to it might've been, then changed again to it was. Zimmerman's parents never changed their testimony on that aspect. Common sense tells you the one being beaten is the one screaming for help. Some will say the one who doesn't have the gun would. Martin did not know Zimmerman had a gun until he was shot. If he had known, do you really think he would've attacked Zimmerman?

Zimmerman told police he screamed for help before he knew it had been recorded on the phones. That speaks volumes.

Zimmerman also passed a polygragh the day after the incident:

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-06-26/trayvon-martin-zimmerman-shooting-report/55847436/1

He took it freely and voluntarily. Contrast this with O J Simpson. He failed miserably. And virtually every African-American thinks Simpson is innocent
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    14 Jul '13 18:49
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Ah haz no idea Boss.
    Apparently I was mistaken....

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/06/20/all-women-jury-panel-chosen-for-george-zimmerman-murder-trial/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree