27 Sep '13 00:02
    Desomorphine
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Desomorphine

Systematic (IUPAC) name
    4,5-α-Epoxy-17-methylmorphinan-3-ol
    Clinical data
    Pregnancy cat. ?
    Legal status Prohibited (S9) (AU) Schedule I (US)
    Dependence liability Very High
    Identifiers
    CAS number 427-00-9
    ATC code None
    PubChem CID 5362456
    ChemSpider 4515044 Yes
    UNII 7OP86J5E33 Yes
    Synonyms Desomorphine, Dihydrodesoxymorphine, Permonid
    Chemical data
    Formula C17H21NO2
    Mol. mass 271.354 g/mol
    SMILES[show]
    InChI[show]
    (what is this?) (verify)
    Desomorphine (dihydrodesoxymorphine, Permonid) is an opioid first patented in 1932 in the United States that is a derivative of morphine, where the 6-hydroxyl group has been removed and the 7,8 double bond has been reduced.[1] It has sedative and analgesic effects, and is around 8-10 times more potent than morphine.[2][3][4][5] It was used[clarification needed] in Switzerland under the brand name Permonid, and was described as having a fast onset and a short duration of action, with relatively little nausea or respiratory depression compared to equivalent doses of morphine. The traditional synthesis of desomorphine starts from α-chlorocodide, which is itself obtained by reacting thionyl chloride with codeine. By catalytic reduction, α-chlorocodide gives dihydrodesoxycodeine, which yields desomorphine on demethylation.[6][7]

This is a synthesized for of opiate, 3 times more potent than heroin and 1/10th the price. It causes rotting sore in the users. I never heard of it until a while ago. It is popular in Russia where heroin is scarce. Sales of codeine products have soared as makers make it from them and fairly easy to get chemicals.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/09/zombie-apocalypse-drug-reaches-us-not-joke
  2. In your face
    Moves
    27 Sep '13 00:20
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Desomorphine
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Desomorphine

Systematic (IUPAC) name
    4,5-α-Epoxy-17-methylmorphinan-3-ol
    Clinical data
    Pregnancy cat. ?
    Legal status Prohibited (S9) (AU) Schedule I (US)
    Dependence liability Very High
    Identifiers
    CAS number 427-00-9
    ATC code None
    PubChem CID 5362456
    ChemSpider 4515044 Yes
    UNII 7OP ...[text shortened]... hemicals.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/09/zombie-apocalypse-drug-reaches-us-not-joke
    Can you get me a score?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree