1. Standard membercelticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    Eastbourne
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 14:48
    In my 28 day games.

I have the option to remind my opponent to move!!!!

Why?

Its a 28 day move game.
  2. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 15:48
    Originally posted by celticcountry
    In my 28 day games.

I have the option to remind my opponent to move!!!!

Why?

Its a 28 day move game.
    Cos its much easier to program one rule for all games (i.e. a move reminder after a certain time or percentage of time remaining), than it is to program separate rules for each type of game timeout.

M
  3. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    18 Aug '05 23:43
    Originally posted by noxidjkram
    Cos its much easier to program one rule for all games (i.e. a move reminder after a certain time or percentage of time remaining), than it is to program separate rules for each type of game timeout.

M
    Would it not be better for reminders to be available once timebank is running?

Still one rule but a better one.
  4. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 06:44
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ

And repeat : that's a great idea.
  5. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 12:42
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ

Not if you want to have just one rule.

Some games don't have a timebank, and hence a reminder could never be sent for these games if this rule was implemented.

There would need to be seperate rules.

I'd agree though - on some of the longer timeout games, it doesn't seem to make sense to be sending a reminder after a few days. People who play with this timeout length often like to cogitate for many days over their moves.

Perhaps a new set of rules could be considered...

M
  6. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 12:47
    You could have one rule if you waited until the time bank had expired. Reminders cannot be sent until timebank = 0. Those games without timebanks would already = 0.
  7. Subscribernoxidjkram
    Data Warehouser
    Back in the UK!
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 16:51
    Originally posted by Exy
    You could have one rule if you waited until the time bank had expired. Reminders cannot be sent until timebank = 0. Those games without timebanks would already = 0.
    Wouldn't that be a little late to send a reminder - by this stage the skull would have shown, and a lot of people would just claim the win.

I would have thought most people would like to send a reminder before the timebank is up??

M
  8. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    19 Aug '05 20:35
    Originally posted by noxidjkram
    Wouldn't that be a little late to send a reminder - by this stage the skull would have shown, and a lot of people would just claim the win.

I would have thought most people would like to send a reminder before the timebank is up??
    M
    Actually, that would be a perfect time! Why should I get a reminder before my time-out period has elapsed? It will not make me move any faster, it will only annoy me. It is my own responsibility to move in time, and if not, just claim the win (or remind me then).

But to be a little flexible, I would not mind allowing reminders to be sent, 1 day before the time-out period will elapse. (And for 0-day and 1-day time-outs, just disable the reminder or something like that.)

And about having 1 rule for all type of games. All mentioned rules are quite simple, so I dont see the problem.

Adje

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree