1. Standard memberExy
    Damn fine Clan!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '04 10:57
    I don't know how people can concentrate enough to play Chess at work? I will peruse the site during the day but hardly ever move, unless it's an opening move in a new game.

I make most of my moves once I get home from work and can sit quietly and tihnk straight - although the beer often counters that! ;-)

I play a few hours every other evening Monday to Friday and then quite a lot on and off throught the weekends.
  2. Joined
    15 Apr '04
    Moves
    14 May '04 16:29
    Rather than putting my name down to be a mentor, I'd like to just keep an eye on the open invites and list of new members and challenge new users to games.
  3. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    14 May '04 17:211 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    As you probably know, most people play during their time at work. So even the US folks have gone home when you are at active. I need to encourage more antipodeans to play, I guess. 🙂

To be honest though, it is helpful to us that things s ...[text shortened]... during the night - it means I can sleep a little easier.

-Russ
    🙁
    Tell them to move at home too 😀
  4. Joined
    23 Feb '03
    Moves
    16 May '04 21:28
    Hey Russ, you can put me down for helping out newbies 😉
  5. Standard memberRed Matrix
    Adm¡nistrator
    Rio Grande Valley
    Moves
    17 May '04 00:17
    Hey Russ,

I just joined last night, i'm at like 5 moves on 6 games. I'm really thinking about subscribing.. but i'm unemployed right now.

Anyhoo,

º¿º I wish you had a few chess lessons for the beginer. Maybe explain some of the most common starts like "Queen's Gambit" or what not. (not that I know what that is) With commentary in your own words (or of a few mentors.. like analyzing / play by play)

Just an idea.

Dave º¿º aka RMx

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree