1. In the soup
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 22:11
    When I registered on the site, I answered the query "Country of Origin" with the name of the country in which I was born even though I no longer reside there. Then I started to think that maybe "Country of Origin" was intended to indicate where I was playing my games from. Or does it matter?
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Dec '10 23:32
    Originally posted by LeFou
    When I registered on the site, I answered the query "Country of Origin" with the name of the country in which I was born even though I no longer reside there. Then I started to think that maybe "Country of Origin" was intended to indicate where I was playing my games from. Or does it matter?
    It is of personal taste. There are more Antarcticans here at RHP than there are on all Antarctican continent. (If you exclude the little funny creatures dressed in black and white.)
  3. In the soup
    Moves
    18 Dec '10 00:23
    Thanks for your answer to my silly question. I wonder if penguins play chess...they're dressed for it.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    23 Dec '10 07:01
    Originally posted by LeFou
    Thanks for your answer to my silly question. I wonder if penguins play chess...they're dressed for it.
    they do play chess but not very well. they always get distracted by a stray fish swimming nearby. they use their bishops quite effectively, oddly enough. no one quite knows why. if you are in a close game with a penguin, it's helpful to watch out for subtle positioning moves on the white squares.
  5. Joined
    11 Feb '07
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 19:371 edit
    How do I cancel a challenge from another Clan member to me, in one of my Clans (I belong to 2)? In this case I have not moved ANYTHING to prevent thus the starting of a game, and being 'Skulled'. Principal reason is that I cannot at preset accept any more games from new challenges. It used to be that you could decline to accept a challenge or continue a game recently started (A 'Bell' would appear?). How can I do it now?
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 22:35
    Originally posted by Pecueca
    How do I cancel a challenge from another Clan member to me, in one of my Clans (I belong to 2)? In this case I have not moved ANYTHING to prevent thus the starting of a game, and being 'Skulled'. Principal reason is that I cannot at preset accept any more games from new challenges. It used to be that you could decline to accept a challenge or continue a game recently started (A 'Bell' would appear?). How can I do it now?
    When you get a challenge that you want to decline - just cancel it. Don't just forget about it, because then you will be skulled eventually, losing the game but not losing any rating points. Don't give up either, of the same reason. Just cancel it, and you will suffer nothing.
  7. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 22:42
    This Game ??
    Game 8007582
    I can't see the connection with regard to clans in this game but why not just bin it ?? There's no reason why you can't unless there is a protective element in clan challenges that will not show the bin icon ?? Or am I missing something else rather obvious lol.
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    24 Dec '10 22:45
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    When you get a challenge that you want to decline - just cancel it. Don't just forget about it, because then you will be skulled eventually, losing the game but not losing any rating points. Don't give up either, of the same reason. Just cancel it, and you will suffer nothing.
    Of course he could just resign it also...no moves therefore no points, no idea if this affects win \ loss stats but I've not so long ago done this exact same thing.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Dec '10 12:562 edits
    Originally posted by RevRSleeker
    Of course he could just resign it also...no moves therefore no points, no idea if this affects win \ loss stats but I've not so long ago done this exact same thing.
    Resigning always shows in W/L-statistics. If you care about it, then don't resign with no reason. Instead click the trach can and thus cancel the game. Do it before 4 halfmoves, and no statistics are changed.
  10. Joined
    11 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '10 14:22
    Thanks for the info. However, my problem has been precisely that: What buttons do I push to produce a cancellation? I can't find out how, or where to do the actual "Cancel" action. Please enlighten me...!
  11. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    25 Dec '10 14:25
    No, you are in three clans.
    Its important to distinguish two things here. On the one side you have regular, normal challenges from another player. You can trash (click the bin icon) these games when they are under 3 moves and the game will be deleted without effecting anyones rating.
    On the other hand you have games that you HAVE to play, you cant trashcan these games. This are tournament games you signed up for and clanchallenge games. Resigning, or waiting to be timed out on these games under 3 moves will not affect rating, but will affect your win/lose/draw stats.
    If you are unavailable for new challenges from your clans you can turn your availability off at 'My Settings' -> 'My Clan Settings'.
    If you are unsure what type of game you are playing/not playing then post the gamenumber and we will let you know.
  12. Standard memberzozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    In your retina!:D
    Moves
    25 Dec '10 14:26
    Thanks for the info. However, my problem has been precisely that: What buttons do I push to produce a cancellation? I can't find out how, or where to do the actual "Cancel" action. Please enlighten me...!
    There should be a trashcan behind the game on your My Games page.
  13. Joined
    11 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '10 15:15
    Sorry, but unfortunately there is not. Or at least, I CANNOT "SEE" IT..
  14. Joined
    11 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '10 15:21
    Your dissertations are very true, ethical and complete. However, let's take the case in which one of the Clan's Presidents pairs you with a contender that is way below your rating (by error?). I have lost games like that, and my rating has gone way down probably because the challenger "recovered" from a slump.

Please elaborate, and thanks!
  15. Joined
    11 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Dec '10 15:23
    I can's find the "Trash Can" icon anywhere; pls. guide me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree