1. Standard memberdfm65
    The Godfather
    e8
    Moves
    11 Mar '03 10:10
    Hi Russ,

Recently it occurred to me that all RHPers could help out the site by advertising it on their email signatures. I have one that says 'Play chess at www.redhotpawn.com, the best chess site on the planet'. I'm going to change it to '...in the cosmos'! do you like this idea? if so, i'll make a suggestion in the general forum...
    David
    btw, thanks for the star, it's great...
  2. SubscriberRhymester
    and RedHotTed
    Red Hot Rebel Clan
    Moves
    11 Mar '03 10:15
    Originally posted by dfm65
    Hi Russ,

Recently it occurred to me that all RHPers could help out the site by advertising it on their email signatures. I have one that says 'Play chess at www.redhotpawn.com, the best chess site on the planet'. I'm going to change it to '...in the cosmos'! do you like this idea? if so, i'll make a suggestion in the general forum...
    David
    btw, thanks for the star, it's great...
    Sounds great in theory.. but only for private email addresses of course.. otherwise there could be big trouble for more than a few 😉
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    12 Mar '03 22:46
    Ha! Site is down at the moment - but I will be a bit sneaky and post here anyway (first post on the new server 😀)

We would love all the support we can get. Now we have this faster machine, let them come....we are ready. 🙂

What I was thinking of doing was providing little icons and code that people can cut and paste into their web sites. (Keeping it simple) This is great for a number of reasons - people will click them, and come here, and also it will increase our ranking on search engines. (The more links to a site, the better - the theory being, if people link to it, then it must be good.)

-Russ
  4. Joined
    17 Dec '02
    Moves
    13 Mar '03 12:34
    Good idea. I'd be happy to put it on my site.
  5. Steelers Country
    Moves
    14 Mar '03 04:181 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree