Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    25 Aug '04 16:13 / 1 edit
    I normally read just one board in the forums. I find that when I'm
    done I'd like to just pop back to the top of the board I am in and
    there isn't a one click way to do that. Why not either have the
    list of boards appear at the bottom so you can go to any of them
    if that is what you have in mind, or at least pop back up to the top
    of the paticuar board your reading. After I'm done reading one of
    the threads in the debate board, I'd like to pop back up to the
    top to see if there are any other threads in the debate board that
    I want to read.
  2. 25 Aug '04 16:20 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I normally read just one board in the forums. I find that when I'm
    done I'd like to just pop back to the top of the board I am in and
    there isn't a one click way to do that. Why not either have the
    list of boards appear at the botto ...[text shortened]... re are any other threads in the debate board that
    I want to read.
    Do you not have a link to "Thread List" besides the "Forum List" link in the blue bars beneath the "My Games"/"New Game"/etc icons? By clicking "Thread List" when reading any thread you'll be taken to the list of threads within that forum.

    In order to jump to, say, the "Only Chess" forum from a thread within, say, the "Debates" forum, you can click "Forums" on the red bar above the "My Games"/"New Game"/etc icons and then select to which forum you'd like to biff on off to.

    Sozzy if I'm misreading your question!

    PS: What browser are you running? (not sure that this makes a difference)

  3. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    25 Aug '04 16:30
    Originally posted by T1000
    Do you not have a link to "Thread List" besides the "Forum List" link in the blue bars beneath the "My Games"/"New Game"/etc icons? By clicking "Thread List" when reading any thread you'll be taken to the list of threads within that forum.

    In order to jump to, say, the "Only Chess" forum from a thread within, say, the "Debates" forum, you ca ...[text shortened]... your question!

    PS: What browser are you running? (not sure that this makes a difference)

    If I'm at the bottom of page of posts I do not see the lists at the
    top of the page. I guess I should have added that to my first post,
    it would be handy to put the links at the bottom too. To avoid
    having to scroll up and make the selection. The one thing I did want
    to see is simply the ability to go back to the Forum I wanted to
    read ex. Debates. For me after I'm done with a thread, I'd like
    to simply jump to the top of the Debate forum without wanting to
    deal with the other forums. Seems like wasted key strokes when
    I linked in earlier, I am already there.
  4. 25 Aug '04 16:32
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    If I'm at the bottom of page of posts I do not see the lists at the
    top of the page. I guess I should have added that to my first post,
    it would be handy to put the links at the bottom too. To avoid
    having to scroll up and make the selection. The one thing I did want
    to see is simply the ability to go back to the Forum I wanted to
    read ex. Debates. Fo ...[text shortened]... the other forums. Seems like wasted key strokes when
    I linked in earlier, I am already there.
    Ah, apologies. I didn't appreciate the part about being at the bottom of the page.
  5. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    25 Aug '04 16:55
    Originally posted by T1000
    Ah, apologies. I didn't appreciate the part about being at the bottom of the page.
    No apologies required, you forced me to make myself rather
    plain covering all the bases. My thanks!
  6. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    25 Aug '04 19:46
    We used to have this feature available with each post, so you could pop back up to the top of the page from anywhere. It was removed with one of the recent upgrades.

    Several others have also asked to have this back, but I don't know if there are any plans for returning this useful feature.

    regards, Marc