ad's are getting worse

ad's are getting worse

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stitching you up

Moves
17 Apr 03

the moving ad's were annoying. Now we have ads that, if your mouse strays onto them, expland and invade a quarter of the screen. Are they necessary? Do more annoying ad's bring in more money to the site? If they are necessary then I'll accept them as such, but if alternative ad's can be allowed instead I would prefer.

Thanks

Jon

and RedHotTed

Red Hot Rebel Clan

Moves
17 Apr 03

Originally posted by belgianfreak
the moving ad's were annoying. Now we have ads that, if your mouse strays onto them, expland and invade a quarter of the screen. Are they necessary? Do more annoying ad's bring in more money to the site? If they are necessary then I'll accept them as such, but if alternative ad's can be allowed instead I would prefer.

Thanks

Jon
I don't think pawnstars should be being troubled by ads at all.. I'm certainly not. I think I read somewhere that you need to log out and log back in again.

Rhymester

o
Looooney Ork

A galaxy far away

Moves
17 Apr 03

i hate the flashing ones if thet r on the screen 4 2 long it gives me a headache :'(

U

Steelers Country

Moves
17 Apr 03

Originally posted by orkyboy
i hate the flashing ones if thet r on the screen 4 2 long it gives me a headache :'(
Unless its a flash ad (the type, not what it does) if you hit the ESC key it will stop

o
Looooney Ork

A galaxy far away

Moves
17 Apr 03

Originally posted by UncleAdam
Unless its a flash ad (the type, not what it does) if you hit the ESC key it will stop
decent, i'll remember that 4 next time.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
17 Apr 03
1 edit

Originally posted by UncleAdam
I sit in front of a computer and web browser nearly every day of my life - and that is news to me!! Nice tip!

Pawn stars should not be seeing ads. You do need to log out and then in again, but I am about to change that right now.

As for flashing ads - I mailed my ad hosts and said I wanted all extreme animation ads removed - permanently. [They don’t appear to have listened.] I can turn them off manually, but it is a lot of extra admin each time one appears. But I do monitor them and kill the worst offenders.

-Russ

U

Steelers Country

Moves
17 Apr 03
1 edit

Originally posted by Russ
I sit in front of a computer and web browser nearly every day of my life - and that is news to me!! Nice tip!

-Russ

your welcome, it stops any kind of .gif animation (including avaters)
-Adam

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
17 Apr 03

Forget the logging in and out. This is now working as it should.

-Russ

stitching you up

Moves
17 Apr 03

Originally posted by Rhymester
I don't think pawnstars should be being troubled by ads at all.. I'm certainly not. I think I read somewhere that you need to log out and log back in again.

Rhymester
I do log off & on quite a lot, so that's not the answer. I think there's an ad difference between original PS's & subscribers. I only see the ad's at the top of the screen, and 50% of the time they're "subscribe" ad's.

The problem's not that bad, and the esc. thing'll probably help, thanks (I used to right click & unclick the "play&quot😉. Save your time for other things - like getting married 😉

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
17 Apr 03

Ah, sorry, yes.

The ads are off for subscribers only. That was by design 😳 (Russ runs for cover....)

-Russ

o
Looooney Ork

A galaxy far away

Moves
18 Apr 03

Originally posted by orkyboy
i know this wony apply 2 me anymore but i have friends on RHP who get headaches from the adverts so thatnks 4 your efforts Russ 😛

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
19 Apr 03

Problem should be solved now.

I have found a filter to :
"Filter-out all new campaigns that contain Extreme Animation"

If you see any more offenders, let me know, and I will take a look.

-Russ