1. Joined
    31 Mar '11
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 17:51
    The ads cover part of my game board. I cant see my pieces.
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Apr '16 19:091 edit
    Originally posted by BluRook
    The ads cover part of my game board. I cant see my pieces.
    This should not be the case.

What device are you using to access your games? And is it possible for you to do a screen grab/screen shot? We will then provide details so you can mail it to us to help resolve this.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    08 Apr '16 12:35
    I use a laptop and get ads. They are always in one area near the top of the page and are always presented as a narrow banner that goes across the page. Sometimes they are animated and sometimes not. As far as I can tell they do not ever cover or block the site content.

If you are getting something other than that I suspect you may need to scan your computer for viruses and malware. I think others have had pop-up ads and other similar problems in the past and after scanning and removing malware the problem ended.

Russ, are the narrow 'strip' ads that I described the only ads that are part of the rhp web site pages? It seems like this was discussed in earlier times and that was the case?

As I understand it, subscribers do not ever see any ads, and non-subscribers get only the narrow strip-type ads I have described. If anyone gets other ads it is a good chance your computer is infected with some type of malware.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree