Standard memberkaroly aczel
Help 21 Dec '09 16:08
  1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 16:08
    How old do you have to be to play on rhp? Can you play in the supervision of an adult?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 16:10
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    How old do you have to be to play on rhp? Can you play in the supervision of an adult?
    13 to play on this site
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 16:51
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    13 to play on this site
    Thank you
  4. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    21 Dec '09 23:05
    No one has ever asked for an id! Obviously many people start playing chess before 13 and would enjoy this site. I guess the restriction is because of the sometimes "mature" subject matter in the forums?
  5. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 03:11
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    No one has ever asked for an id! Obviously many people start playing chess before 13 and would enjoy this site. I guess the restriction is because of the sometimes "mature" subject matter in the forums?
    yes indeed - the exact reason
  6. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 08:121 edit
    Isn't the age limit just for legal reasons? So if someone complains over the language in the form and "My kid, who is only ten is offended by it! I'll sue you!", Russ can protect his behind by saying "Then he violates the rules of this site, and you as a parent is responsible!", right?

If a ten year old is here, not complaining over anything, just here to play, then does it really matter? I would be very happy if I played MagnusCarlsen here when he was pre13, and I was able to beat him too...
  7. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 17:19
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Isn't the age limit just for legal reasons? So if someone complains over the language in the form and "My kid, who is only ten is offended by it! I'll sue you!", Russ can protect his behind by saying "Then he violates the rules of this site, and you as a parent is responsible!", right?

If a ten year old is here, not complaining over anything, just here ...[text shortened]... happy if I played MagnusCarlsen here when he was pre13, and I was able to beat him too...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children%27s_Online_Privacy_Protection_Act
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 17:36
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Children%27s_Online_Privacy_Protection_Act
    Okay, I've read it. What's your point?
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 19:12
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Okay, I've read it. What's your point?
    His point is that this site would be breaking the law by asking any personal questions of anyone under 13 therefore in order to prevent breaking the law this site has to state over 13.

If a sub 13 then signs up faking there info this site can't be held responsible until such times as it is brought to their attention and they then take no action.
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '09 21:25
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    His point is that this site would be breaking the law by asking any personal questions of anyone under 13 therefore in order to prevent breaking the law this site has to state over 13.

If a sub 13 then signs up faking there info this site can't be held responsible until such times as it is brought to their attention and they then take no action.
    Alright, then the age limit is only for leagal reasons, as my suspision. If a pre-13 doesn't make any fuzz, then why bother?
    But if he tells that he is sub-13, then Russ must kick him our, naturally, of legal reasons.
  11. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    23 Dec '09 03:34
    Don't ask, don't tell working well at RHP! 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree