ALT tags for player's flag images

ALT tags for player's flag images

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

g

UK

Moves
24 May 04

How about adding an ALT tag to the flag images for those of us who have this facility enabled? The images are quite small and it's difficult or impossible to determine which countries some of the flags represent. For example: the flags of Luxembourg and the Netherlands are almost identical, just a slightly different shade of blue on one of the bars. Paraguay and Croatia have very similar flags, as does the Slovak Republic and Slovenia. I'm sure there must be lots of other examples too.

An ALT tag would remove the ambiguity as you could identify a player's country by simply hovering your mouse pointer over the flag.

Just an idea!

Kind regards.
Chris.

T

Moves
24 May 04

it also improves the site's disability access if all images on all pages have ALT text desrptons. The more that thngs like this are done by rote, the more accessible the www will become.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
27 May 04

Yes please, there are some flags on this site that are a mystery to me 🙂

P

Serbia

Moves
28 May 04

I think there is an old thread somewhere about this, IIRC this is on Russ's "to do" list (can't be sure though because there is no "search by subject" option anymore).