Amazing one game improvement

Amazing one game improvement

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

j

Dixie

Moves
01 Aug 05

Just for information (no reflection on the player), how can a player's rating jump 400+ points after one game? Specifically, look at Regicidal's rating after game one at RHP. Am I misreading the graph?

Hristos voskrese

feckin' 'ell

Moves
01 Aug 05
1 edit

Originally posted by jebrydzagin
Just for information (no reflection on the player), how can a player's rating jump 400+ points after one game? Specifically, look at Regicidal's rating after game one at RHP. Am I misreading the graph?
Ratings are locked at 1200 until 5 rated games are completed. he or she won the first five.

j

Dixie

Moves
01 Aug 05

Originally posted by leestatic
Ratings are locked at 1200 until 5 rated games are completed. he or she won the first five.
Thanks. I had read that, but still see the player's rating moving upward in each of the first five games according to the graph. The greatest move is after game one. If the rating scores are back-figured after five games, I guess it could lead to unusual graph configurations.

Hristos voskrese

feckin' 'ell

Moves
01 Aug 05
1 edit

yeah i' just looked at my own now im confused, it does seem a big jump😲

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
01 Aug 05
1 edit

Originally posted by leestatic
yeah i' just looked at my own now im confused, it does seem a big jump😲
Read the FAQ to discover how provisional ratings are calculated. Then a math textbook and work out the specifics of the situation.

EDIT: It's quite simple really.