Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 01 Aug '05 03:24
    Just for information (no reflection on the player), how can a player's rating jump 400+ points after one game? Specifically, look at Regicidal's rating after game one at RHP. Am I misreading the graph?
  2. Standard member leestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    01 Aug '05 03:30 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by jebrydzagin
    Just for information (no reflection on the player), how can a player's rating jump 400+ points after one game? Specifically, look at Regicidal's rating after game one at RHP. Am I misreading the graph?
    Ratings are locked at 1200 until 5 rated games are completed. he or she won the first five.
  3. 01 Aug '05 03:44
    Originally posted by leestatic
    Ratings are locked at 1200 until 5 rated games are completed. he or she won the first five.
    Thanks. I had read that, but still see the player's rating moving upward in each of the first five games according to the graph. The greatest move is after game one. If the rating scores are back-figured after five games, I guess it could lead to unusual graph configurations.
  4. Standard member leestatic
    Hristos voskrese
    01 Aug '05 03:56 / 1 edit
    yeah i' just looked at my own now im confused, it does seem a big jump
  5. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    01 Aug '05 05:58 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by leestatic
    yeah i' just looked at my own now im confused, it does seem a big jump
    Read the FAQ to discover how provisional ratings are calculated. Then a math textbook and work out the specifics of the situation.

    EDIT: It's quite simple really.