1. Joined
    24 Jun '02
    Moves
    23 Jun '03 10:43
    A friend of mine recently showed me a site where you are able to bring up an extra board showing the position in question. You can then move the pieces around at will, assisting in planning etc. Has this type of feature ever been considered on RHP? Any other comments welcome?
  2. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    23 Jun '03 11:11
    I suggested this some time ago,and I believe russ was working on it.It would be a great feature🙂
  3. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    23 Jun '03 11:28
    Originally posted by SirLoseALot
    I suggested this some time ago,and I believe russ was working on it.It would be a great feature🙂
    Its come up a few times: I think Russ refers to it as a 'sandbox' function or something like that.
  4. Joined
    31 Mar '03
    Moves
    23 Jun '03 17:13
    I just logged on to suggest exactly this as I just found my mate moving around cut out pieces of paper on a hand drawn grid on his desk!

This would be a fine feature.
  5. Standard memberSirLoseALot
    Shut Gorohoviy!
    Moves
    23 Jun '03 18:11
    Originally posted by SandyTheGod
    I just logged on to suggest exactly this as I just found my mate moving around cut out pieces of paper on a hand drawn grid on his desk!

This would be a fine feature.
    ROFL Tell him to buy a board😉
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Jun '03 19:26
    better yet, get Winboard. You can actually paste the text from an email into the board and it will play from front to back and you can edit your moves.
  7. Joined
    31 Mar '03
    Moves
    24 Jun '03 14:22

Can't Alt-Tab a real board when the boss comes!!

Originally posted by Phlabibit
    better yet, get Winboard. You can actually paste the text from an email into the board and it will play from front to back and you can edit your moves.

Can I get the moves in text for a non-email RHP game? Is there some other way to "paste" the current RHP game into WinBoard?

Cheers
    Sandy
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    24 Jun '03 16:251 edit
    Originally posted by SandyTheGod
    [b]ROFL Tell him to buy a board😉

Can't Alt-Tab a real board when the boss comes!!

Originally posted by Phlabibit
    better yet, get Winboard. You can actually paste the text ...[text shortened]... o "paste" the current RHP game into WinBoard?

Cheers
    Sandy
    You need to email the game home, get rid all the extra stuff like Messages and times. (2 check boxes on the email option page)

When you are in a game, go to "Game History" and select "Recieve an Email of this game"

When you get the email select all the text from the body of the message.

Turn Winboard on, and use Alt+V to paste text in. Don't use the engine to play around with any games you are still playing... that is a No-no!

Let me know if you don't get any of this, or message me.

9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Jun '03 23:36
    Guys, I reckon I have about 2 weeks of my notice period left at work, then these features will be coming thick and fast... 🙂

Be patient, everything you need, and more, will be provided here very soon. (And I really can't wait to get started 😵 )

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree