Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 23 Nov '03 04:12
    any chance of adding the ability to do analysis on public games, as well as on our own?
  2. Donation Rhymester
    and RedHotTed
    23 Nov '03 09:17
    Originally posted by spaniel
    any chance of adding the ability to do analysis on public games, as well as on our own?
    When you look at a public game you can actually move the pieces around! I only found theis out by accident
  3. 23 Nov '03 10:53
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    When you look at a public game you can actually move the pieces around! I only found theis out by accident
    ok thx, problem solved
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    23 Nov '03 10:56
    Truth be told, I coded it this way by accident too! (I found out I could move them the same way you did ) Without going in to the detail, the same code is used for the game history and analysis page - hence the similar behaviour.

    -Russ
  5. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    23 Nov '03 13:03 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Truth be told, I coded it this way by accident too! (I found out I could move them the same way you did ) Without going in to the detail, the same code is used for the game history and analysis page - hence the similar behaviour.

    -Russ
    Hey Russ, I heard a rumor that this became a chess site by accident, simply because you and Chris mis-spelled the site name and ended up with 'red hot pawn' instead.

    You decided to look up pawn in your dictionary, and the rest is history!

    Marc
  6. 23 Nov '03 15:46
    *Laughing hysterically*

    Good one Marc!