Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 23 Nov '03 04:12
    any chance of adding the ability to do analysis on public games, as well as on our own?
  2. Donation Rhymesteronline
    and RedHotTed
    23 Nov '03 09:17
    Originally posted by spaniel
    any chance of adding the ability to do analysis on public games, as well as on our own?
    When you look at a public game you can actually move the pieces around! I only found theis out by accident 🙂
  3. 23 Nov '03 10:53
    Originally posted by Rhymester
    When you look at a public game you can actually move the pieces around! I only found theis out by accident 🙂
    ok thx, problem solved
  4. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    23 Nov '03 10:56
    Truth be told, I coded it this way by accident too! (I found out I could move them the same way you did 😳 ) Without going in to the detail, the same code is used for the game history and analysis page - hence the similar behaviour.

-Russ
  5. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    23 Nov '03 13:03 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    Truth be told, I coded it this way by accident too! (I found out I could move them the same way you did 😳 ) Without going in to the detail, the same code is used for the game history and analysis page - hence the similar behaviour.

-Russ
    Hey Russ, I heard a rumor that this became a chess site by accident, simply because you and Chris mis-spelled the site name and ended up with 'red hot pawn' instead.

You decided to look up pawn in your dictionary, and the rest is history!

Marc 😲
  6. 23 Nov '03 15:46
    *Laughing hysterically*

Good one Marc!