1. Standard memberkrisvictor
    Chess Student
    Richmond, VA
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 20:44
    Is it possible to get someone a subscription without them knowing who did it?
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 20:53
    I cannot recall exactly what I did to subscribe, a few months ago. I believe you only need to enter a players name (besides the financial information), don't need to log in as that person. And you will be the one that is getting the bill. So, I guess it is possible.
  3. Standard memberkrisvictor
    Chess Student
    Richmond, VA
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 21:16
    Thank you. I'll try that. 😀
  4. Standard memberkrisvictor
    Chess Student
    Richmond, VA
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 22:18
    I guess you can't subscribe for anyone that is already registered unless you have their registration info.

Russ, do you have any idea how I can give my brother a subscription without me asking him for his registration info?
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 Mar '05 23:50
    The final step of the subscription process asks for a recipient. Just enter your brother's user name on the site.

If you go ahead, please let me know if this is a one off too, so I can stop any rebilling.

Thanks

-Russ
  6. Standard memberkrisvictor
    Chess Student
    Richmond, VA
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 01:13
    Originally posted by Russ
    The final step of the subscription process asks for a recipient. Just enter your brother's user name on the site.

If you go ahead, please let me know if this is a one off too, so I can stop any rebilling.

Thanks

-Russ
    Oh MAN! That worked! I am sooo excited! He's got a star now! That is soo cool! I'm his younger brother and he's very competitive. Now we'll see who's the better player! Muwahahahahaha!!! errr.. I mean.. yeah.. this is great... and no.. I'm not very competitive.. nope... not me... Ummm.. anyone seen ironman31 anywhere?

Thanks again Russ!
    How I did it was... I clicked on his nick. I saw that next to "Subscriber" it says no and it is a link... so I clicked on it... and wala! It took me to the subscribe page. However, I must have missed where you put in the username. After I processed the order, the last page you were talking about popped up and that is where I entered his username.

I clicked on My Games link and the two games we were playing now has a star next to his name! Soooo kewl Dude!

You the man!

errr.. I mean.. Thanks Russ.

😀

ps.. I don't know what you mean by please let me know if this is a one off too,...

Kris
  7. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 02:13
    Originally posted by krisvictor
    Oh MAN! That worked! I am sooo excited! He's got a star now! That is soo cool! I'm his younger brother and he's very competitive. Now we'll see who's the better player! Muwahahahahaha!!! errr.. I mean.. yeah.. this is great... and no.. I'm not very competitive.. nope... not me... Ummm.. anyone seen ironman31 anywhere?

Thanks again Russ!
    How I ...[text shortened]... .. I don't know what you mean by [b]please let me know if this is a one off too,...

Kris[/b]
    Well I believe subscriptions by credit card are autobilling. So will you want to pay for his next years subscription automatically or are you just buying 1 year as a present or something.
  8. Standard memberkrisvictor
    Chess Student
    Richmond, VA
    Moves
    05 Mar '05 17:38
    I believe both of the subscriptions I did are one-time authorizations. There was no option for automatic renewal of subscription that I was aware of or that I was given a choice to autorenew or not. did I miss something during the subscirption?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 03:08

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    08 Mar '05 10:08
    Please see this thread and contact me if you have any concerns.

http://www.chessatwork.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=20307

-Russ

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree