1. Joined
    23 May '03
    Moves
    19 Aug '03 15:24
    it's crawling for me. other web sites are ok, it's just RHP thats slow. was fine yeserday
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    19 Aug '03 16:29
    I expect it to be a little slow for the first few pages you visit, and then for it to sort itself out as things get cached.

I will take a look and see if there is anything obviously wrong anyway.

-Russ
  3. Joined
    17 Aug '03
    Moves
    19 Aug '03 17:07
    i really like this site, but for me it's also very slow. Specially the analyse board is so slow it's sometimes pretty irritating..
  4. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    19 Aug '03 20:58
    You know... with a subscription there are less ads and "stuff" to load. Probably make you much faster *cough*cough*...😉
  5. Joined
    23 May '03
    Moves
    20 Aug '03 08:26
    Chessnut your not wrong. i've been trying the site out and it's well worth the sub, i'm going to subscribe this week.🙂
  6. London
    Moves
    20 Aug '03 12:191 edit
    I think the slowness of the site at present may not be a client side problem "my PC needs to load all these new graphics from RHP", but a server side problem "RHP is using a lot of bandwidth sending out the new graphics to all those pawnstars and freeloaders out there."
    It will get better eventually either way, but if it's a server thing, then it when it gets better for a given user won't depend on whether he or she has visited all the updated pages.
  7. Standard membercoa4u
    BVCC co-leader
    Moves
    20 Aug '03 13:22
    It seems to run slower in the evening/late night hours (Eastern Standard Time) but maybe it's just me 🙂
  8. DonationChessNut
    Lightly Salted...
    Moves
    20 Aug '03 15:40
    I'm connecting with a T1 at work and I have noticed a slow down...and I know it's not me.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Aug '03 20:58
    Originally posted by coa4u
    It seems to run slower in the evening/late night hours (Eastern Standard Time) but maybe it's just me 🙂
    Of course there are times when server load is exceptionally high and the site slows.

About 6-8a.m. GMT is always pretty quick, as server load is low (North America & most sane Europeans are in bed).

Evenings GMT can get slow, people playing at work in the US, and home users in Europe.

Friday afternoons and evenings (GMT) are the worst. I guess people just don't feel like working.....

-Russ

FYI : Server load are approximately half at the weekends. Get some work done people! 🙂
    But if you can't, remember you can play at www.chessatwork.com and have less chance of the site catching your boss's eye. 😉
  10. Standard memberZaps
    CCU Operative
    Leics, England
    Moves
    22 Aug '03 13:03
    I haven't had too many problems with the site going slow. Analyse Board takes a while to load up (like someone mentioned) but it's fine.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree