1. UK
    Moves
    06 May '04 11:38
    I think it would be useful if there was a button or somesuch that could be used to send all the finished games (however they ended) to the archives.

Sometimes I have a good few pages of active games with completed ones spread amongst them, and it is a chore to go through each page, click archive, then go *back* to the page because it forgets what page I was on, then click archive again, and then repeat for each active page.

So yes, it would be handy to have zee little button.
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 May '04 12:371 edit
    I think you can do that now. If you go to 'my games' then click on 'manage games', each game has an 'archive' check box you can click, and when you are done with that you can archive all the checked games at one time when you click 'update'.

Or am I not seeing it correctly??
  3. UK
    Moves
    06 May '04 12:44
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I think you can do that now. If you go to 'my games' then click on 'manage games', each game has an 'archive' check box you can click, and when you are done with that you can archive all the checked games at one time when you click 'update'.

That may be right, I am just assuming it will not remember the previous page of ticks when I change page. Hmm. 🙄
  4. Joined
    26 May '02
    Moves
    06 May '04 12:50
    Originally posted by mwmiller

No, you've missed the point. As the original poster said, if the games you want to archive are spread over several pages, you can only archive the games on one page at a time, then your games list is updated and you have to go back to find your next batch of games to archive.

It's all very time consuming and frustrating. It would be so much better if there was an option to archive all competed games at the same time.

Dave
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 May '04 13:18
    I like this idea too.

I will take a look at this.

-Russ
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 May '04 14:39
    Yes, I suppose I did miss the point. I only play a few games at a time so don't have a problem with multiple pages of games.

Maybe we could have an option in 'my settings' or somewhere to just automatically archive each game upon completion, or a new button on the 'my games' page that would go through and archive all completed games when you click it.
  7. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    06 May '04 23:32
    I like the idea of auto-archive except that it would be archiving games that you won or lost and didn't know. (an opponent suddenly resigns or surprises you with a mate). How about if it auto-archives after 48 hours or after you've made 10 moves?
    Also, it might be easier to archive if you change your view to all games on one page. Then you can scroll down the list once and update.
  8. Standard memberNatural Science
    blunderer of pawns
    Rhode (not an)Island
    Moves
    07 May '04 00:40
    Originally posted by saintnick
    I like the idea of auto-archive except that it would be archiving games that you won or lost and didn't know. (an opponent suddenly resigns or surprises you with a mate). How about if it auto-archives after 48 hours or after you've made 10 moves?
    Also, it might be easier to archive if you change your view to all games on one page. Then you can scroll down the list once and update.
    Yes, I have all my games on one page. But then I have about 35 or so active games and a decent broadband connection. If your games number in the hundreds, maybe that isn't the best way for you.
  9. Standard memberGatecrasher
    Whale watching
    33°36'S 26°53'E
    Moves
    07 May '04 23:04
    Originally posted by saintnick
    I don't think an "auto-archive" option is proposed here. Rather a button which, when pressed, archives all completed games that are still in your active list.

Heck, if games were archived automatically, I'd probably miss the outcome of many of my games.
  10. Standard memberSaint Nick
    Pimp of the elves
    San Diego, CA
    Moves
    08 May '04 08:53
    The auto-archive was proposed by mwmiller...

But, as far as games numbering in the hundreds, I don't think there's going to be an easy way to manage hundreds of games. Just physically impossible. I've had up to 80 on one page and was able to archive fairly easily by putting them on one screen. But get 2 or 3 hundred and you're going to have nightmare regardless.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree