1. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    28 Jul '03 16:22
    I notice that my picture, while correct on my home page, is distorted on the 'player profile' page that everyone else sees.

The pic I use is 100x100: I assume the particular window on the player profile page stretches this to a 100x150 frame, regardless of its initial size.

Do we have to use 100x150 images? I had assumed the size limit was memory based, but if it needs to be that exact size for formatting, then so be it. I'll change it.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    29 Jul '03 23:46
    Originally posted by Toe
    I notice that my picture, while correct on my home page, is distorted on the 'player profile' page that everyone else sees.

The pic I use is 100x100: I assume the particular window on the player profile page stretches this to a 100x150 frame, regardless of its initial size.

Do we have to use 100x150 images? I had assumed the size limit was memory based, but if it needs to be that exact size for formatting, then so be it. I'll change it.
    Unless I am mistaken, I don't think it has to be that exact pixel size. I think it just has to maintain that 3 x 2 ratio.
  3. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    30 Jul '03 01:03
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Unless I am mistaken, I don't think it has to be that exact pixel size. I think it just has to maintain that 3 x 2 ratio.
    true enough: any 3x2 aspect ratio will work.

but since I noticed the stretch, I've checked a few others and it is a common problem: some of these 18th century philosophers are starting to look positively skinny!!
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Jul '03 08:281 edit
    Originally posted by Toe
    true enough: any 3x2 aspect ratio will work.

but since I noticed the stretch, I've checked a few others and it is a common problem: some of these 18th century philosophers are starting to look positively skinny!!
    The size for perfect rendering is 150*100.

Any images of this size will be just fine.

I had thought that is what is said on the ‘my profile’ page, but in fact, no, it say :

Ideally, your pictures should be no bigger than 100 pixels wide by 150 pixels high."

So you have a case.

-Russ
  5. Joined
    10 Feb '03
    Moves
    18 Aug '03 21:42
    finally got around to changing it to a 100x150 image.
    how long did that take me?
    provarication is the spice of... erm... something.
    I'll work out what later.

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree