1. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    09 Nov '06 14:381 edit
    I thought that in tournament games a win was automatically claimed two days after the time-out period has elapsed (including the timebank)?

However, I am currently playing a tournament game where I have the skull now for 3 days. My opponent has moved last on Oct 30 13:41, and we have a 7 day time-out period and no time-bank.

So he should have been automatically timed out.

Is this not always true?

While I am typing it, he has moved but: "Nov 09 16:31" - "Oct 30 13:41" > 10 days, so the question remains. Why wasn't he timed-out.

Anyone knows?
  2. Standard memberKJCavalier
    Happier Now!!
    Home!!
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 03:03
    PM Russ with this one.
  3. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    10 Nov '06 21:44
    I've experimented with this too, and have found its not exact 2 days as well.. I've seen 3, 4.. anything after 4 I don't risk in case the person makes a move 🙂
  4. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 16:40
    anyone hear the answer on this?
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 18:06
    Originally posted by adje
    I thought that in tournament games a win was automatically claimed two days after the time-out period has elapsed (including the timebank)?

However, I am currently playing a tournament game where I have the skull now for 3 days. My opponent has moved last on Oct 30 13:41, and we have a 7 day time-out period and no time-bank.

So he should have been automa ...[text shortened]... Oct 30 13:41" > 10 days, so the question remains. Why wasn't he timed-out.

Anyone knows?
    I think that a lot of the seemingly automatic things on this site, are only semi automatic, and need an admin to kick them off.

I may be wrong,

D
  6. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    13 Nov '06 20:08
    So, the exact conditions of the automatic time-out remain unknown.

Thanks everyone.
  7. Johannesburg
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 19:48
    It makes sense to me that the admins would not want an automatic timeout.
    Suppose some or other problem leads to site unavailability; RHP could end up with a number of disgruntled customers whose games were automatically timed out while the site was unavailable.
    It is much safer to have this a manual process. Also, the admis probably wouldn't even bother with that if not for the problem: that games 'not timed out' draw out the tournaments unnecessarily.
  8. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    14 Nov '06 20:12
    Originally posted by craigy
    It makes sense to me that the admins would not want an automatic timeout.
    Suppose some or other problem leads to site unavailability; RHP could end up with a number of disgruntled customers whose games were automatically timed out while the site was unavailable.
    It is much safer to have this a manual process. Also, the admis probably wouldn't even bo ...[text shortened]... at if not for the problem: that games 'not timed out' draw out the tournaments unnecessarily.
    That indeed does make sense. That probably answers it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree